Brain picking: deciding the future of our '74 Trillium - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #15
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
While I understand your intent to put a table outside the trailer, I am adverse to putting holes in the shell.

I bring a small, fold up, picnic table with us. The seats of the table will support my rather large derrière, but I put a fold up chair at either end for my wife and I. I now have a fold up kitchen, table, couch, and chairs.

I also like this idea:
Wheel Well Table
Attached Thumbnails

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #16
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
If you've used your trailer for a few years you probably know everything that's wrong or at least have suspicions. Soft floors are easy to detect. They probably did not happen during your ownership unless you've seen a leaking window.

Generally I like fixing up the trailer to make it ours. If you need a new axle you'll know when you take it on a rough road. It's usually not too expensive and usually most significant locals have someone capable of replacing it.

The key strength of these little guys is their weather integrity. If that's intact you're probably in good shape. Unless you intend to replace it with a new unit, you are liked to have some issue with what ever you buy.

Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #17
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Buying new doesn't solve problems showing up later. It like anything else the more you use it the more maintenance it requires. If it's working for you now, it'll probably be working for you in 30 to 40 years provided you keep up the maintenance.
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #18
Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
=Lilytrilly;544095 I'm a worrier so I want to check things through.
Hey, Lilytrilly,
You don't even have to be a worrier to want to check things through. Smart people do this too!

Ellpea in CA
1988 13.5' Lil Bigfoot
2002 Volvo V70 (turbocharged)
5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:18 PM   #19
Slice the onions just a little finer, maybe?

Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote