brake/ turn light/ AC - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-29-2006, 10:23 PM   #15
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Ok now Byron...............Go to your room!...........

Byron ....if you will be good and continue to be Helpfull you can come out of your room now.

Happy Mods and Camping to All ! Lynn( still eggless,but working on it)

Never happen. Byron doesn't know how to be "good", what ever that means.
But, he has lot of fun.

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #16
Trailer: Casita
Thanks again for all your suggestions. I'm slow but I finally found it. It was the trailer end connector. I kept rejecting that idea because the connector LOOKED so good I coudn't believe it was bad. At least I found out that everything is grounded real good. In case someone reads this with similar problem, know that putting on a new connector is not a big deal. Just make sure you know where all the seven wires go. on the road again

stan s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #17
Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Yeah, I know what you mean. When I rewired my extension I just new it was the end that looked bad ... it wasn't, it was the good end. Says she, after spending more than an hour rewiring the wrong end.

That's a good reminder to folks about knowing where the wires go. I cut mine off a few inches, then left it wired with the short stubs until it was replaced wire by wire. That way I knew that it was going back just like it was before!

Congratulations on resolving your proglem!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:03 AM   #18
Name: Chris
Trailer: Minit
I"m back to thinking the problem is in the trailer itself. Check the ground, ground, ground. Okay, just where do I check that?

I'm certainly no expert, but what I know comes from experience. I had a nightmare of a problem with my '73 trailer. I have this light with a pointy end and a clamp for the ground. Attach that to the ground wire from the hitch (with vehicle hooked up) and just start testing wires, assuming you have easy access. I did this to make sure all of the hot wires were indeed hot. When that tested out fine, then I knew it was the ground, so I just went through inch by inch (I'm not kidding!) through all of the grounds and found the problems: one splice was not attached, the previous owner/manufacturer had combined the grounds from the trailer's power battery and the hitch. After some new connectors and wires, it works perfectly now. Most likely it's something simple, but sometimes we go through a lot to see just how simple life is--or in this case, trailer wiring. Good luck!

Chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting, tail lights