Bunk bed hardware - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2003, 08:38 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bunk bed hardware

Hi everyone,

I am working away on the resto of a 73 Boler. My problem is that all but one bunkbed pole was missing from the trailer. I have managed to scrounge up another pair of poles but I have no idea what the hardware attached to the underside of the backrest looks like. Does anyone have any pictures or descriptions of the bunkbed hardware.

Your help is appreciated,
Mark :)

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:00 PM   #2

Mark - My 1970 Boler had 2 short (about 2" long) piano hinges that attach to the underside of the bunk piece and to the top (I think) of the fiberglass/plywood support on the trailer end. I should be able to post a couple photos for you on Friday if you like.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:45 PM   #3

Bunkbed

Hi Mark, On my Boler all there is a screw that is screwed into the upper bunk plywood with about 1/2 inch protruding to index the loop that is part of the pole....Does this explanation make sense to you??? Hope it does and hope this is what you wanted info on....Good luck...Benny

Old 07-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #4

Mark, is Benny's reply what you were looking for - or is it the connection to the trailer wall you want? I have the same screws on the underside that the pole loops sit on. They have a plastic sleeve over the exposed threads. When I finish the new cover for that cushion I will put a grommet in before the screw, as originally the screws just went right through the fabric. If you need more info or pictures let us know.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 PM   #5

bunk bed hardware

Hi Mark on my 73, they used shower rod wall brackets screwed to underside of top bunk and also bolted to top of fiberglass bench.Try to find metal ones as now they are also made from plastic .The bunk poles are 1 inch shower rods cut to 24 inches.
Pat&Lloyd
Boler 17

Old 07-14-2003, 06:20 PM   #6

Thanks everyone,

I think that it all makes sense. I have the hinges on the bunk that attach the bunk to the wall, and I have the shower curtain rods with the wire loops welded on them. It sounds like all that is used to stop the poles from slipping of the bunk are a couple of screws that stick out a bit. That was the part I was confused on.

Thanks again.