Burro Cabinet Inserts - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
The upper cabinets on our Trillium are lined w/ the same elephant skin as used on the exposed part of the interior. I put 1/4" ply bottoms in them to give a more stable surface to store things on and to isolate the wiring that is in the cabinets. I built inserts in the lower part where I installed drawers and cabinets to have something to put drawer slides and shelves on. If you are putting a frige or ice box in the big hole under where the cook top was you shouldn't need any kind of liner, maybe a floor if what is there doesn't support the frige adequately. It all kinda depends on what you are going to put in those cavities. As has been mentioned-weight should be a concern.

Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
This may be a good aplication for the Ensolite replacement that TrilliumRV.com sells.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #17
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Our Burro had nothing lining the inside the cabinets like our Uhaul does.

CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
My Burro is a 1980 and it has no liner.....looks just like the photos.

I bought it from an older couple who even had the original owners manual and builders instruction sheet.....it was very well maintained and original.....even the original seat cushions.

So I'd guess there were no liners.....just checked....none in the instructions.
papas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #19
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
I agree with previous posters- it looks to me like all that's really missing is shelves, if they'd fit. Looks just like the interior of the cabinets in my Trillium except that at least in my uppers there's the ensolite wall covering. (The undersink area doesn't even have that.)

I can't tell/don't know if any of the openings have molded edges as on my Trillim's main cabinets, but for those that don't, a more finished look can be achieved by adding some push-on molding to those cutout edges. Don't know if it would interfere with the doors closing, though...

Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
My UH did not come with any liners. I put reflectix in the upper cabinet against the outside wall, and wood on the bottom. There is a HUGE amount more space than if the uppers had liners. I thought I wanted liners until I saw them, and realized that they cut storage space in half. I've put reflextix in the closet also, and installed shelves in it. I also don't have any liners in the lower storage compartments. I pack in plastic boxes that can fit into the storage compartments.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
+1 on portable containerization. We use five lidded and handled, stackable containers in the hanging locker. They are their own shelves. Haul em in the house to load and unload groceries.

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote