Burro Decals - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #1

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
I'm redoing a old Burro and was wondering if there is a location where you can buy the Burro decals..
Also what type paint do you use to paint one..oil base enamel, car paint .house paint or what...
I've got all the holes fixed and was going to put 3 coats of primer on it first this should really slick it out...

Old 05-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #2

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Randy:
Nowhere can these be bought as far as I know, with Burro out of business since 2000.
I think your best bet is to find the appropriate one for your vintage on a trailer belonging to someone on this forum, have them take a picture of it with a couple of basic measurements and email it to you in a large file. Someone will likely respond soon.
Then a local sign and decal company can make them up for you and make it look really professional as well as easy to apply. They can usually get quite close on colors too. Not very expensive either.
The one in the picture was done that way, but I took the opportunity to scale it to a size I liked, since many of the Burro logos are huge. Over the top is more like it. Since I will paint the trailer I had them make up a couple extra ones.
If the one in the picture seems like the one you are looking for let me know and I'll email it to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Burro_logo_on_trailer.jpg  

Old 05-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #3

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Randy:
Nowhere can these be bought as far as I know, with Burro out of business since 2000.
I think your best bet is to find the appropriate one for your vintage on a trailer belonging to someone on this forum, have them take a picture of it with a couple of basic measurements and email it to you in a large file. Someone will likely respond soon.
Then a local sign and decal company can make them up for you and make it look really professional as well as easy to apply. They can usually get quite close on colors too. Not very expensive either.
The one in the picture was done that way, but I took the opportunity to scale it to a size I liked, since many of the Burro logos are huge. Over the top is more like it. Since I will paint the trailer I had them make up a couple extra ones.
If the one in the picture seems like the one you are looking for let me know and I'll email it to you.
Our logo was really faded, so I just painted it with gloss enamel and a variety of brush sizes. In my case, I was painting over the old logo. It really looked sharp! You will need a model from someone if your logo is gone. Sorry I can't help in that dept. since we no longer own our Burro.

Kevin
Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Burro
My vintage trailer has 3 pin strips around the middle in graduated shades of brown. Does anyone know if this is orginal? There is no burro decal on the inside or outside, but it does not look like it has been repainted. There is a rv dealer decal I assumed it was a trade in at sometime.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Quote:
Our logo was really faded, so I just painted it with gloss enamel and a variety of brush sizes. In my case, I was painting over the old logo. It really looked sharp! You will need a model from someone if your logo is gone. Sorry I can't help in that dept. since we no longer own our Burro.

Kevin
Hey Kevin ! We have the same problem with faded logos on our 1980 Bigfoot. So did you paint over a decal with the gloss enamel ?? How long has it been on and has it cracked or faded since ?? Thanks a bunch ! Mitch
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #6

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Hey Kevin ! We have the same problem with faded logos on our 1980 Bigfoot. So did you paint over a decal with the gloss enamel ?? How long has it been on and has it cracked or faded since ?? Thanks a bunch ! Mitch
Yes, I painted right over the decal with enamel. I painted it last June and it was in great shape 10 months later, having weathered the Chicago winter. No cracks and still very shiny.

Kevin
Old 05-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #7

Name: Weldon
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
Texas
Quote:
I'm redoing a old Burro and was wondering if there is a location where you can buy the Burro decals..
Also what type paint do you use to paint one..oil base enamel, car paint .house paint or what...
I've got all the holes fixed and was going to put 3 coats of primer on it first this should really slick it out...
Randy, I lurk on here all the time, but rarely do I post anything, but when it comes to your decals I had to chime in. The burro website was still up, not sure if it is, but you can do a search for their website , burrotrailers.com or whatever it is. You could print off the logo, then take it to your local vinyl sign place.

I got an old brochure or photo, took mine down to local "sign express " place here, and they let me tell them the size I need. Mine is the 13' burro with the big lettering and logo.
I measured the length etc and gave them that and how tall the letters needed, the scanned the hole thing, burro and all. It came out purfect and easy to do. I got some bubbles under the lettering etc, but the first warm day we had, they just dissapeared.
Looks just like original.
Weldon
Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #8

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Quote:
Yes, I painted right over the decal with enamel. I painted it last June and it was in great shape 10 months later, having weathered the Chicago winter. No cracks and still very shiny.

Kevin
Awesome ! Thanks for the info ! Happy Trails ! Mitch
Old 05-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #9

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Randy-

We had our Burro repainted and had to replace the decals. We have a friend that owns a vinyl decal business and she made our replacement decals. The only problem with our new decals is, our friend took a picture of a Burro decal from another trailer (not ours) and resized and cut them for us. The decals were not the exact same size as our old ones but were close. For us that was not really a big deal because we had repainted over the area where the old decals were. If you want your new decals the exact same size as your old ones I might suggest you take a pictures of your own decals and also take measurements. When we had our new decals made, we changed the colors and had little ones made also for our spare tire cover.

As far as the Burro company goes, yes they do still have a web site but you will never hear back from anyone. Burro is out of business.

As far as paint goes I don't know what our painter used on our trailer but I can find out. Also if you would like the name of the lady that did our decals send me a PM and I will send you her info.

Good luck on your re-do. We love our new paint job and hope to put our decals on this weekend if we have good weather.

Ellen B.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #10

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
About how much does these cost...just wondering..........
Old 05-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #11

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	7957

I'd like to redo these logos- not entirely sure about the front one since it is more faded. Since I don't have an intact one, and am not at all artistic, I'd have to find someone to paint it for me.

Bobbie
Attached Thumbnails
frontlogo.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 08:09 PM   #12

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:

Kevin
I did the same with the Fiber Stream logo.
I have to retouch mine every 6 months or so. Combination of the California Sun and kamikazi bugs keep chipping the paint.

Raise the deflector shields, Scotty!

Tags
burro