Burro drapes help needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #1

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Burro
Utah
Burro drapes help needed

The front and rear drapery rods on my Burro are driving me nuts. They don't stay on well at all. I'm attaching a photo of the end of the rod.

I have done a little surfing the forums for ideas but my internet is really slow where I am so I was wondering if anyone has links to other posts with ideas and pictures.

The trailer curves right next to the window so it has to be something really compact in order to fit...

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
1460941214203.jpg  
Cynthiablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Would securing the ends together with clear zip ties help.... worked on my Scamp.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Uhauls are about identical to Burros. Originally Uhaul used a plastic coated spring curtain rod, top and bottom. They attached to the inner shell by screws into plastic inserts. Our rods were in bad shape so I made new ones out of 1/4" steel rod, flattened the ends, bent the ends at a slight angle, drilled a hole in each end and screwed the rod to the original inserts. We only use a top rod.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #4

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Could use a screw

My brother had so much trouble with one curtain rod popping off the door of my Compact Jr., he just put tiny screws through the holders & the rod, from the end, in the direction the rod lays. Have to unscrew them to wash the curtain, but not much trouble.
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro