Burro Front Window Awning & Rock Shield - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2003, 07:21 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Burro Front Window Awning & Rock Shield

I need to redo my front awning. It is discolored and looks terrible in the down position when traveling.

Besides painting does anyone have other ideas or experience in renovating the shield, ie, matting, exterior wallpaper etc?

Thanks. Will post pics when I complete. Just put a new tile floor in my 1983 Burro 13'. the "Gator Egg.

Em

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:34 PM   #2

One thing I did was to glue two layers of closed cell foam (like backpacker mats) to the inside of the cover to provide some insulation in cold weather to prevent interior condensation.

I also drilled small holes in the upper hanger clips on the trailer and inserted key-rings so the cover won't come off with the rings in place. Easy to prop open without the wind blowing it away.

Pete in the RatHaus

Old 07-25-2003, 09:04 AM   #3

Go Gators!

Hey Sully,

My wife and I are also Gators. I graduated in '84 and my wife in '90.

We now live in the Atlanta area and have a Scamp 16. You can see it in the modifications forum. I just put windows in it and posted the pics, etc. Later Gater, Dan

Old 07-25-2003, 05:38 PM   #4

Hey Pete

Great idea about the key-rings.Had not considered the wind factor. Enjoy Florida.

Thanks

Hey Gator Dan

Good to hear from a Gator. Even tho you are in yellow jacket town I'm sure you are surrounded by Dawgs.

We have a reserved RV site on campus in G'ville for the Gator games. We are in the process of gatorizing the Burro and will tow behind the RV as our cargo trailer. Should create quite a stir. Love the Burro and the gatorizing is only temporary.

Sully and the Gator Egg

Tags
burro