Burro Front Window Rock Guard Help Needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #1

Name: Bernie
Trailer: Researching Options
Kentucky
Burro Front Window Rock Guard Help Needed

[IMG][/IMG]

The photos above show the front window of a Burro with the bracket for the rock guard attached. I just bought the trailer and the previous owner told me there was a leak along the top of the window. He had applied some tape across the top which that stopped the leak as a bandaid. I took the window out to reseal it. After removing the clamp screws inside the trailer, the window came out easily. Apparently the screws from the rock guard did not penetrate the fiberglass very well!

My question is, how to remove the screws? There is a cover or seal of some type that is blocking access to the heads of the screws! I guess this needs to be removed, but how?

In some ways I would like to reinstall the rock guard, although I have heard some people do not use them, so they can look through the rear window of their tow vehicle and see all the way through the trailers back window! I might want to do that for a while, since I am new to towing as well!!
BernieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bernie, your picture didn't post.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #3

Kentucky
Thanks Donna. I was attempting to post this while at work! I was interrupted and couldn't get back to it until the end of the day!!

Thanks,
Bernie
Old 07-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
A bit hard to tell without more trailer body in the pic, but looks like the screws in question are part of a subassembly with the main C-shaped frame that needs to come out to access the screws.

Just a theory.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #5

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
A bit hard to tell without more trailer body in the pic, but looks like the screws in question are part of a subassembly with the main C-shaped frame that needs to come out to access the screws.

Just a theory.
I think you are correct. From what I can tell the window was installed, then the rock guard bracket was screwed through the window's rubber molding into the fiberglass. There was a ton of silicone or caulk of some sort along the top of the bracket.

The top photo shows a seal of some sort that is blocking access to the screw heads. In the photo is is a few shades darker than the rest of the C-shaped frame. It is also very hard. That is what I can't figure out how to remove.

Tags
burro