I have the Burro
(tito) in the driveway. It is just cute even with the caulking all over the outside.
I did get the first must fix news when I got home. I was pulling the original carpet and pulled the piece at the back just above the rear storage where the bolts for the spare tire are sticking through.
I found separation at the seam around 20"
I am thinking of using that Formula 51? that the boat shops sell rather than fiberglassing. The Formula is a type of bondo, but I believe a bit more plastic.
Any opinions would be valued. I am going to try and do this in the next couple of days one way or the other (glass and resin). If I glass and resin, I will have to research on technique as I have only done this once many years ago.
I would also like to figure a way to add some more support in that rear section so the spare does not cause a future problem. I think this happened two owners ago. I was told he had a storage box mounted back there. It might have been too heavy.
The rear window definately needs new rubber
. The outer seal although caulked along the top, may be okay, but the vertical strips separating the panes from the slider and the inner perimeter rubber have all shrunk beyond the ability to seal.
Any knowledge of where and which types to get would also help me to get this project in full gear.
All of the cushions will need to be redone soon, and there are a couple of pieces missing and others that appear to be not made just right. I will probably have to wait until I am fortunate enough to see one of your Burros to figure out how it is all supposed to be.
Oh yeah. On a previous discussion, I received great information about the trimlock molding and I have located a couple of companies that have it. Also, I will go to an auto upholstery shop today to see what they have. My Burro
has a trimlock with 2 tabs on the inside and I was wondering if anybody elses has 1 tab on the inside of the trim.
I hope covering this much in one post is acceptable. Please tell me if not.