Burro roof a/c placement - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #15
Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Every time I click on a Burro picture I get DIRECTNICPARKING.COM/.
I see the vent lid on the roof, but can't make out detail. It doesn't look as if there is a seam at all, but the picture may have been re-touched. Anyway, your A/C works!

The door is another subject. It should be straightened so it won't drive you bonkers every time you go in or out. Some rather serious tinkering may be required. A good job for a shop which has dealt with a similar or the same problem.
Hopefully this will prove to be a very minor irritation.
Kurt & Ann K.

Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #16
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA

the link goes straight to two pictures of a 17 foot kit Burro.

I get it just fine, so did Christi

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #17
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I borrowed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #18
Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Thanks for the picture. I avoided having to put it together from a kit, otherwise I might still be at it.

I'm with Kurt and Ann on this one. There was a leak under the threshhold which made me take the door off and reseal it, but I didn't realize the poor alignment. It was not difficult to get off, but I had to make a single-purpose curved tool for breaking the frame out by slitting the sealant. Looks like I will have to do it again to fix the misalignment,

I am a bit intrigued by some of the minor changes which seem to have cropped up from one year to the next: the seam/ridge on top, the character line ahead of the rear marker lights, the flat to curved cabinet doors, the apparent change in the way the spare tire is attached, etc. It seems that some of these changes required different molds. Did they have more than one set of molds at a time? I'm stumped.

Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote