Burro side light question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 09:02 PM   #1

Name: Christi
Trailer: Burro
Arkansas
Burro side light question

Hi, I am brand new to this site.
We just got our 17' wide body Burro checked over, spiffed up and when I got home, one of the side lights was burned out - naturally! Does anyone know the size? It looks like a small flashlight bulb. I imagine I can take it to an auto parts store, but I thought someone might know. Thanks, Christi
lwagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #2

Name: Jim
California
Burro side lights

I just bought new side lights with LEDs. They come with the yellow (or red) plastic covers and include the LEDs -- they are inexpensive and a lot brighter than incandescent bulbs. There are lots of options on Amazon.
jgilardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #3

Arkansas
Thanks, I will probably do that eventually, but right now I just need a bulb. I need to trade out all my interior lights for LED's also. Another project. Thanks
Old 02-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #4

Name: Marcia
Trailer: '00 Burro 17' WB
Seattle, WA
We also just swapped out our side lights for LEDs. Much brighter. It's about the easiest conversion imagineable....you just plug in the new LED bulb....done. We bought the conversion kit online, very inexpensive. I'd say it makes no sense to buy a conventional bulb when the change is so simple.
mglyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #5

Arkansas
Took my little bulb to the local auto parts store and someone with younger eyes than I have read the number. Fixed, all lights operational!..

I have a horse trailer, a flatbed trailer and two travel trailers. I HATE lights that don't work! The mice loved the wiring on the flat bed so much I encased the whole wiring harness in a garden hose.

Everyone is operational. I agree about the LED's but I would like to do them all, inside and out, so a project for a later date.

Tags
burro, light