Burro Window Replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Burro
Burro Window Replacement

I've read a few post on window replacements but can't find exactly what I"m looking for.

Basically I just want to know where/if I can buy replacement windows just like my oringinals for my '83 Burro. I would like the whole thing, frame, window, trim ring, etc.

Thanks!

Here's a picture of one of the windows....
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0287.jpg  
Shane O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
JMS

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane O View Post
I've read a few post on window replacements but can't find exactly what I"m looking for.

Basically I just want to know where/if I can buy replacement windows just like my oringinals for my '83 Burro. I would like the whole thing, frame, window, trim ring, etc.

Thanks!

Here's a picture of one of the windows....
Shane,
I've got the same exact model and year Burro and have been looking for replacements also. So far, I haven't found a source for exact size replacements but if I do, I'll let you know. If you find a source, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know also.
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
This may not be helpful, as it sounds like you want to replace the window yourself, which is most economical, but when we had our '87 13' Burro we took it to a window place and had them replace the windows. It was a local business we knew well who had done car replacement windows for us. They did an excellent job and we never had a window problem the 12 yrs. we owned the trailer, and the windows looked exactly like the original ones.

We chose to replace the plastic windows with glass, it made for a better quality fit, the sliders worked better, it looked better, etc. The added weight was insignificant to us with such a lightweight trailer. That was our choice, they could have replaced them with the plastic.

It was the only custom work we had someone else do, but given the difficulty we had with the windows even after redoing all the caulking, etc. ourselves it was worth it.

I imagine you could have someone custom make the windows for you and put them in yourself, saving money on labor.

Good luck!

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 1960s 10 ft Burro
Our front window on the 13ft Burro is leaking , we don't want to or don't think we need to replace the window, we have determined the rain is coming in where the black rubber? vinyl? trim ring/gasket has shrunk, leaving about an inch and a half of the window track on the bottom wide open to the elements. I am looking for the replacement black stuff, but don't know what it's called--anyone have any experience on replacing this part and know what it's called and where to buy it?
Thanks for any direction/advice/opinions,
Rose
Rose Feys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro