buying a boler - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Name: Vicky
Trailer: shopping
British Columbia
buying a boler

I found a 1974 honey bee boler. It is in original condition they dont know if the fridge or heater works. What should i be looking out for Thanks for your help Vicky

vicky m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
There is a buyers check list in the document center. You will find that in the drop down box labelled "More" at the top of the screen.

On older bolers you are looking for the door fit at the bottom and seeing if the torsion axle is at the end of it's lifespan (basically a low trailer with no spring).

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Name: Vicky
Trailer: shopping
British Columbia
buying a boler

the 1974 honey bee boler i am going to buy tomorrow the body is in really nice shape the interior is good we dont know if the heater stove or fridge works and has original wiring. Can anybody tell me about how much aproximatly it could cost to get everything working. They are asking 3500 just wondering how much it could add up to Thanks cant get to sleep worrying Vicky
vicky m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
Name: Rene
Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
British Columbia
A heater and stove are not too much to repair or replace but a fridge is major, add a 1000 if you need a new one. I would really try to find out if the fridge works properly before you buy.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Vicky one way to tell if the fridge is working is to ask them to plug the trailer in prior to your arriving to see it - the fridges take several hours to cool down. If the fridge also runs on propane, have them light it for you.
They should have little trouble showing you if the stove and furnace work if they have a propane tank on the trailer.....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Hi Vicky, Wanted give you a to the Forum.

I agree with the above advice. Especially what Carol mentioned about having them start things up for you. If they can't or are unwilling, assume it doesn't work and needs repairs. With those things working it's a fair price based on what I've scene in the area. Not working, it should come down at least a grand probably more. Once again use the check list, body is one thing frame and axle is another.

I hope it works out for you. If it does there's a egg rally in Mission BC this June you could attend.

WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote