Cabinet doors or No cabinet doors? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #21

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Drapery hooks
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #22
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTrillium View Post
I was carefully looking at your doors and also noticed the nice things you have on your walls. How does one attach little racks and holders on the walls - it such a lot of space that could be utilized properly when stopped at a campsite and setting up.
On the fiberglass we have used suction cup hooks and 3 M command hooks. Both are removable but the command hooks stay up better. We also have a suction cup soap holder to hold things other than soap.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #23

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Our trailer is fiberglass so I guess the suction cups would work best for us - or command hooks - will have to google that and see what and how they are/work. Thank you

ps. Just googled them - can command hooks be removed without damaging the fiberglass?
JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #24
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Our trailer is fiberglass so I guess the suction cups would work best for us - or command hooks - will have to google that and see what and how they are/work. Thank you

ps. Just googled them - can command hooks be removed without damaging the fiberglass?
Never removed one but in theory yes. As I recall there is a Canadian version (probably also made by 3M) but the name escapes me. I bet Canadian Tire has them, they seem to have everything.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Command Hooks can be removed without damage, IF you read and follow the instructions. So, don't throw the instructions away.
There are different ones for wet applications, but I've used the regular in the shower with no issues.
Attached Thumbnails
3M hook removal 1.jpg   3M hook removal 2.jpg  

3M hook removal 3.jpg  
Old 07-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #26

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:

Yes! Yes they can!! I use these EVERYWHERE, both in my house (backpacks, hats, coats, etc.) and in the Scamp. I LOVE THEM! I remove them and move the hooks around all of the time. I love the velcro ones for this purpose, but I use all sorts. Over the 4th of July, I used small clear ones on the outside of the Scamp to hold up battery operated lights around the window. When the trip was over, easy, quick removal. They leave zero residue and it's like they were never there.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #27

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Thanks guys - I didn't realize that was the American name - will have to look for the cousin in Canada.

JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
3M Command in Canada, just as in USA.
Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Rona, Home Hardware.
http://solutions.3mcanada.ca/wps/por...736+3294529206
Old 07-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #29

Name: David & Debra
Trailer: 69 Boler
Tennessee
Registry
we just made new sideways open doors out of plywood and painted. installed pressure clasps to hold them shut. We had our contents scattered all over the inside before..not fun!
ddwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #30

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I put open cabinets in part of my bathroom and bedroom in the house. Why? Because when I moved in to the old house in 1994 we put things in cabinets and in 2014 I took them out. Closed cabinets are a good way for a packrat like me to stash useless stuff. So I like that netting idea very much, at least for some cabinets. Doors in the kitchen are fine- you use everything there or at least most of it. But open shelving not only makes it easier to find things but it encourages slightly more neatness.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote