Cabinet Liners and Television Mount? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 85 U-Haul 13 ft
Registry
Hello, I have a 84 13' ct uhaul camper. I am missing all of the liners. I was wondering if anyone has lined the areas with anything and if so with what and how. Also Has anyone mounted a tv anywhere in the camper? The walls are thin not sure they would hold any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Steph
stephanie reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
For now, I just use plastic bins in the storage compartments. Works fine.

As far as mounting the TV, If you pick a wall that you can get to the other side of, such as the upper cabinet or the closet, you can reinforce the mount from the back.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
While we have a 16' UHaul, I thought that I might add here that we use a 19" TV on a mount that we take off during travel. We used to use a small undermount TV, but we often like to watch DVD's in the evenings and just could not see the small TV well enough.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
We have noticed that our 84 CT has a lot more storage space without the liners. Not as pretty inside the lockers, but a whole lot more useful.
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #5

Trailer: 85 U-Haul 13 ft
Registry
I went ahead and lined the cabinets and closet with reflex looks much nicer. The tv problem...I thought I would just set it on the covered sink but a glare if in bed. Turns out the tv is light enough to hang on the bed wall with two suction cup hangers. It stayed securly for the two hour trial and had to pull suction cups still stuck to the wall off.
Steph
stephanie reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie reed View Post
I went ahead and lined the cabinets and closet with reflex looks much nicer. The tv problem...I thought I would just set it on the covered sink but a glare if in bed. Turns out the tv is light enough to hang on the bed wall with two suction cup hangers. It stayed securly for the two hour trial and had to pull suction cups still stuck to the wall off.
Steph
Hi: I have a similar problem, no liners. please- What is "reflex"? It may make my unit alittle more pleasant.
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Post Reflectix

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
Hi: I have a similar problem, no liners. please- What is "reflex"? It may make my unit alittle more pleasant.
I believe she was referring to Reflectix Inc. | The World’s Largest Manufacturer of Reflective Insulation and Radiant Barrier Products
Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Thanks, It looks like a good product and something I can work with. h.mike
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #9

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Here is where I mounted my 22 in tv/dvd in my ct-13. You can see on the inside I used two metal brackets to reinforce the back, they were just some scrap bracket pieces from something I found in the garage.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...avy-43599.html

Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
And Mike, here's what that Reflectix looks like as a liner.
Attached Thumbnails
P5180015.jpg   P5180023.jpg  

P5180030.jpg  
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Opps, that last pic showed my new edging---here's an overhead with liner.
Attached Thumbnails
P5180019.jpg  
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #12

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I built an entertainment center for the TV, DVD & satellite box. The dinette is a permanent bed so I mounted it in the streetside rear corner. Attaching it to the window frames with "L" brackets. I also used some aluminum stock as a brace from the lower cabinet up under the shelf.
Attached Thumbnails
109_4189.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #13

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I put reflectix up on the vertical components (including the wall/ceiling of the kitchen cabinets over the stove and my closet). You can put shelf liners on the bottom of the cabinets, or carpeting, or even wood shelving will give you a smooth clean surface. I thought I wanted liners until I actually saw them installed in a trailer. You lose a LOT of storage space with them.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #14

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie reed View Post
Steph
hi Steph,

We mounted our TV and DVD player on the underside of the cupboard over the kitchen counter. On the Boler, I used a piece of shelf bracket anchored from the centre metal post to a window frame to support the bottom so it did not jiggle around while driving. No holes in the trailer wall. The position was excellent and gave a good view from both the front and rear bunks. On our new trailer, we have installed the same arrangement in the same location, which also works great. Pictures are on this thread in the 4th post: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/reno-s-gone-wild-exterior-access-doors-42298.html

Later,
Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote