Camera Installation Question - Garmin 760 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #15
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Turns out were direct wired where as you

Originally Posted by stude View Post
I think my wife and a friend wired it into the Ignition so when on works when going down the hwy, same for backing up but if I put into Auxillary it also works which is the switch. We never had Backup camera until she installed this one in the Class A and it is a nice function to have we also have Garmin GPS with Camera in it taking pictures of idiot drivers up front.
: set up your system wireless so we cannot help you from here.

stude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #16
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Actually it's not working. When I press the sync button, the camera icon does display, but the camera doesn't display anything.
Can't really help you with the camera other than be the fly in the ointment as I'm old school. Going down the road the side mirrors work fine and I don't worry if someone is close behind me. If I'm going to back up and didn't get a good look at the area I want to be before I stopped forward motion I get out and look. I also do a walk around before pulling out after being parked for a while, like at a food stop ect. Because I once found a young child standing between the truck and trailer, go figure. I'm sure the #40,000 trailer wouldn't have noticed. Hitching up, sometimes I get it in one shot, mostly I have to get out a few times. I know a number of folks here use cameras and I'm not stepping on anyone's toes but my mirrors won't short out . If I was to add a camera, I would pull power from a source only hot with the key on and put an on/off switch in line also. Probably using the backup pin as few trailers have backup lights anyway. Good luck to you.

Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote