Camping List - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Carl, often when folks ask the "what should we take on our first journey," I often say... a sense of humor and a zero balance AMEX card! There is no.. one size fits all, truly.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #42

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
We always bring a propane torch. It's not only handy for lighting the water heater but, as a friend once said, "Do you want to have a campfire or do you want to fan a cloud of smoke for a couple of hours!"

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #43

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Carl, often when folks ask the "what should we take on our first journey," I often say... a sense of humor and a zero balance AMEX card! There is no.. one size fits all, truly.
I definitely agree on a sense of humor heading the list........
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
For campfires, nothing beats a paraffin infused firelog. I have started a fire in a downpour, using 1/3 of one to build a hot core. Guy at the campsite next to me gave me the evil eye as he stood in cloud of smoke. He'd been trying to build a fire for an hour as I set up camp and I had my fire going in ten minutes.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #45

Name: David
Trailer: Hunter
New Mexico
I know my son would trade it all for smores.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Seldomseensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #46

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
For campfires, nothing beats a paraffin infused firelog. I have started a fire in a downpour, using 1/3 of one to build a hot core. Guy at the campsite next to me gave me the evil eye as he stood in cloud of smoke. He'd been trying to build a fire for an hour as I set up camp and I had my fire going in ten minutes.
Glenn, that's the honest truth! I've captured a photo, where someone took a Duralog and a circular saw and cut it into chunks... they were able to build a roaring fire in a huge rain downpour!

Sure beats the "fire" on the laptop screen saver....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #47

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
My Scamp packing and provisioning is still a work in progress. Not a lot of storage space and what is going where is still being worked out.

My goal is to get it down to as little going from house to camper to get ready for a trip as possible. And while camping to be able to lay my hands on whatever I'm looking for without a lot of looking.

Once I get the needed repairs and maintenance projects out of the way I can look toward implementing some of the useful mods for storage implemented by so many on the forum. May take a few more trips to nail down which storage solutions best fit our needs from all the great ones others have come up with to pick from.

I make a pot of coffee in the evening and boil some water to preheat the thermos. That thermos of coffee is piping hot and ready to go first thing in the morning. Either gets me going while I perk a fresh pot and breakfast is cooking or allows me to grab a bagel and cheese and take off.

Stanley 1 qt. thermos.... don't leave home without it.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:39 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I've got an empty bin under the bed that I am filling up with stuff that I consider irrelevant to the camping experience. Of course, most of that stuff was stowed in the trailer by Old Bag. Like, who needs a sugar bowl and creamer? Four spatulas? Three table cloths and clips that don't do the job? I know I don't need five beer mugs ( I drink my beer from the can ).
My defense is, "no dear, I didn't throw it out, it's under the bed". And that's assuming that she notices it is missing.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #49

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
My defense is, "no dear, I didn't throw it out, it's under the bed". And that's assuming that she notices it is missing.
In IT if we can't figure out who really cares about the services running on some old server or web site we just shut down the site or disconnect server from the network, if no one squawks then after awhile we know we can just shut that puppy down. If no one notices then after awhile we just remove it.

Your bin under the bed sounds an awful lot like that initial turn off of service to see if anyone notices.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #50

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
For campfires, nothing beats a paraffin infused firelog.
Okay, I see your wax thing, and raise you with a piece of solid fuel rocket engine. This was taken a month ago, using wet wood, in the pouring rain. There were about 20 of us out camping, and decided to set up a 32'x32' tarp, and get a fire going, so we could socialize and have fun.

Quote:
(I drink my beer from the can )
For shame. You must turn in your beer drinkers card immediately.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote