Can anyone identify this trailer, sort of Trillium looking? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #61

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Hi Francesca
The marks are under the door frame on this trailer. Only found when removed door.
ryan parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #62

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Thanks, Ryan

I'm really interested in this unit, and especially in the door construction....does it have an actual removable frame?
Say- if you're doing a complete re-do, it might be cool to start a whole new thread on the subject!

I'd sure be interested to follow it, and maybe you could post more before/after pics etc.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #63

Hi Carol
The brochure in documents section is the trailer exactly to a T. The struts from factory are in the right place according to picture of the Sportsman in Miami. Back bumper could only be dreamed up at a manufacturing plant picture attached.. \ I am confident that it is a Trilliam.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0666.JPG  
Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #64

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - 1977 Trillium Brochure - Color this is link in documents center for Trillium Sportsman.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #65

Francesca I will think on that thread. I am doing a complete rebuild of this unit as a matter a fact I am waxing it today with Zep floor wax and have a few before pictures and will take a few after. I am going to try to keep it in the flavor of a original TRILLIUM. If I can find a wrecked trillium I will use as much of it as possible, while adding Deb's and my personal wants and needs. This is the fifth rebuild of a fiberglass trailer. the others being Bolers. Thanks for the push on the thread
Ryan
Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #66

Registry
Sounds great, Ryan

Do keep in mind that this IS an original Trillium, and probably a rare survivor of a very limited production model.

It's also probably one of the very earliest "toyhaulers" of ANY kind, and certainly the first (only?) molded fiberglass trailer aimed at that now very significant market.

Keep us posted!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #67

Trailer: Trillium
This looks like a Trillium 1500 or 4500 as they were sometimes called 15' I think the back doors made it wheelchair accessible
Brian Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #68

Registry
It's been identified, Brian- it's a unique, stand alone Trillium model called the Sportsman, and the extra doors are to allow for the loading of atv or bicycles. It's unique in that it's probably one of the earliest "Toyhauler"- type trailers!

I sure wish Ryan would post with an update to the project...

Francesca
Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #69

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
humm Francesca see post #60.... there was still some questions on that front when Ryan purchased it, although the owner prior to him did do a lot of detective work on trying to figure out if it was or want a Trillium Sportsman... at the end they were not convinced it was. I to hope Ryan would come back and tell us what he has found out since. Either way its a cute trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #70

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
But it looks like the pic in the Sportman brochure, right down to the rear bumper and L-400 rear door lock....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #71

Registry
Yup dont disagree! It sure looks like one to me as well, just sharing what the party who sold it to Ryan told me last fall. He has owned and flipped a lot of fiberglass trailers and he thought it was a Sportsman when he first picked it up as well (but it wasnt registered as a Trillium) but after talking to Trillium and getting some more info from them and more measurements of various items he wasnt convinced it was a Trillium...... but as Ryan pointed out it does match the basic measurements in the Sportsman brochure.....
Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #72

Just a quick update,It has been quite some time, all winter in fact since I last posted.I roughed out the interior and then dismantled it so as to put in the ensolite. I have just purchased it from Trillium USA. It arrives here Wednesday April 17> My weekends are all booked until may long weekend so I get it done.
Tom at Trillium has been quite a bundle of information, at first he didn't remember building these units in the mid 70s> they made 1/2 dozen for a tobacco company to haul around there advertising or something like that. That justifies why they put in the rear doors, to get larger pieces in and out. Tom was trying to buy it back but I have to much into it for him to buy. They discontinued them for lack of sales or ?. I will post all pictures once the ensolite is in. Thanks for the interest in my little gem,
Ryan
Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #73

Registry
Whoot Whoot! Ryan glad to hear you have made some head way on this and that Tom now recalls these trailers!! Believe that was part of the reasons the previous owner questioned if it really was a Trillium. Post photos please! looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #74

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Thanks for the update, I was wondering recently how the reno was going. Keep us updated on your progress lots of us are interested.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #75

Registry
Let's review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil 4500 View Post
I saw one just like this for sale at the Barrie Automotive flea market a few years ago. The seller confirmed it was a rare factory Trillium model. And like someone else said ahead of its time as a toy (ie motorcycle) hauler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schultz View Post
What you are looking at is the Trillium Sportsman. It is the 15ft model with a recessed door & screendoor like the 5500 model. The cargo doors were added to allow for access for sport toys. A hole in the floor was also available for ice fishing. The model we saw was stripped except for beams along the wall so you could build to your own specs. I will try to post the brochure we got at the Markham factory in the 70s. This particular model could have been customer customized at the factory. Tom Young at Trillium RV.com might know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schultz View Post
Here is the brochure I mentioned in my last post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan parsons View Post
hi folks new to this forum so will try to be brief and accurate. I now own this trailer from the Kootenays. It is registered as A 1969 triple e Sportsman. Although it is a Trilliam.
Ryan

Quote:
Hi Carol
The brochure in documents section is the trailer exactly to a T. The struts from factory are in the right place according to picture of the Sportsman in Miami. Back bumper could only be dreamed up at a manufacturing plant picture attached.. \ I am confident that it is a Trilliam.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #76

Well where to start? I thought before the weather turned to winter I would wax the exterior and I did use the high gloss Zep floor wax. It turned out to be a good workout for my arms. the worst was washing it down with Bar Keepers friend, After that it looked real good' lots of grime came off and I thought it was pretty good before now it looked terrific. Then came 5 coats of wax which I applied with a chamois cut down to cover over a block of wood covered with foam(like ensolite foam). Now it looks fabulous. I don't think the before picture and after picture show that to well. maybe you can see the difference? the other picture is of why work outside stopped in December. I started work on the inside also at this time hoping to glue in all the backing strips for the upper cabinets and benches before it got to cold to set the glue. I managed to get most of them in and will post the pictures of how I got the locations etc. I also got to a couple of wreckers and managed to get a fridge, 6 lights, 2 windows, switches and outside grates for fridge and storage compartment doors. I also bought a marine switch-breaker panel that combines 12 volt and 120 volt. In the next post or maybe the one after I will post a pictue of that panel.
Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0865.JPG   IMG_0686.JPG  

IMG_0690.JPG  
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #77

Registry
Welcome back, Ryan!

Say-
Before you get too far into the reno, how 'bout starting a new thread on the subject?

Might be nice to sorta lop off all the prior discussion, PLUS you could name it "Trillium Sportsman Renovation" instead of the "What the heck is this trailer???" title the O.P. started this thread with!

Francesca
Old 04-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #78

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Hmmm, those doors are interesting...
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #79

Moved to Alterations Modifications- title= Rebuild of a Trillium Sportsman
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #80

Registry
Quote:
Moved to Alterations Modifications- title= Rebuild of a Trillium Sportsman
And here's a live link to that amazing thread! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...man-57672.html

Francesca

Tags
trillium