Can we get some pics of propane set up on 13ft scamp - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13ft Scamp
Wisconsin
Can we get some pics of propane set up on 13ft scamp

Our regulater is hanging loose so i would like to see the proper way it issuppose to be mounted and where to.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #2

Name: dave
Trailer: castia 16ft
Kansas
Mine is just screwed into the tank. Looks like you have one tank. Can't tell if tank is held securely to the frame. Don't want it moving on you

Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #3

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Registry
Here's one from a distance on the Dolphin. Let me know if you want close up, will take one this weekend. It's attached to a small piece of diamond plate secured to the front of the trailer.

Fiberglass RV - SeansmomSandy's Album: Before and after ZEP treatment - Picture
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #4

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in kc View Post
Mine is just screwed into the tank. Looks like you have one tank. Can't tell if tank is held securely to the frame. Don't want it moving on you
No didnt come with a tank this is from our grill so I will need a hold down also,thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #5

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
If you have an older Scamp 13 the copper line LP line comes through the floor under the front bench drivers side. The line loops up and is connected to the regulator which is connected to the tank valve. Straight line no bulkhead connections. (Looks like your set up but someone added an extra shut off valve.)
On the newer Scamp 13 the LP line exits the through a bulk head connector just above the passenger side frame rail. A rubber line connects to the bulk head connector to the regulator. On a single tank set up the regulator is screwed to the pass side frame rail and another hose goes to the tank. On a dual tank set up the regulator/tank selector is attached to the dual tank bracket.
Sorry no pic.
Eddie
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #6

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
If you have an older Scamp 13 the copper line LP line comes through the floor under the front bench drivers side. The line loops up and is connected to the regulator which is connected to the tank valve. Straight line no bulkhead connections. (Looks like your set up but someone added an extra shut off valve.)
On the newer Scamp 13 the LP line exits the through a bulk head connector just above the passenger side frame rail. A rubber line connects to the bulk head connector to the regulator. On a single tank set up the regulator is screwed to the pass side frame rail and another hose goes to the tank. On a dual tank set up the regulator/tank selector is attached to the dual tank bracket.
Sorry no pic.
Eddie
I have the old copper lines ..so would best option mount this regulater to the trailer frame and use a rubber hose connecter to the tank? I am looking to get this setup and checked butwant to know what wpuld be the best and safest setup with what i have,thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #7

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Sorry no pic.
Eddie
Heres is a better pic
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #8

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Options:
If you want to mount the regulator to the frame you can buy the attached from Scamp. New regulator, bracket and it comes with a tank hose. Cut the copper line slide on flare nut, flare, connect and check for leaks. The missing tank bracket is $4.00 from them. You may have to reposition the bracket since it usually mounts to the other frame rail.
LP Gas : Single Gas Tank Regulator

Or you could clean and hook up what you have and check for leaks. That's the way it came from the factory (except for the extra valve).

I am not telling you what or how to do it just laying out options. Consult a qualified LP Tech. before attempting any LP system repairs.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Maybe this will help you some.
20 LB Gas Bottle Holddown brackets 4733g6281 [4733g6281] - $36.95 : Out-of-Doors Mart!, More Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!

Turn the bottle you have around and screw in your regulator. The nut on the regulator fits inside the bottle connector and is left hand threads. The propane system on the trailer you have wasn't designed for the newer type bottles with the OBD connector. If the lines restrict the connection you will have to go to the rv supply or propane distributer to get everything squared away to fit the new bottle style. Make sure all your appliances are off and any flow valves closed before opening the gas bottle valve. The system should now be tested for leaks. I urge you to take it to a profesional to have the system checked and have all appliances verfiyed working properly. I would not trust such an old regulator myself. Propane missused can ruin your day or maybe your life if something goes wrong.

Theres usually a reason that the system wasn't properly hooked up when you bought your trailer. Could be something simple like just needing an updated OBD bottle or something really serious that needed attention that they couldn't afford to fix and just abandonded using the gas appliances. Right now everything is suspect.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #10

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Mark's photo shows what appears to be a single stage regulator. Does that matter now we're out of the liability red zone and just shootin the breeze?

Mark, don't put too much faith in the guys at RVZ2GO either. Never hurts to learn a bit of what's what and what's not as a check on the store bought expertise.

jack
Old 08-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #11

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
While most of the Scamps I have seen have a 2 stage regulator I am not sure a single stage regulator is a safety problem but it may be a problem if the appliances the OP is using in the trailer require more pressure than what a single stage regulator is able to put out. The appliances may not work as well as they should. Could be wrong on that though! ;-)

BTW if mounted horizontally the regulator does require a cover.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, scamp