can you check out a trailer for me? (Toronto area) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
According to this page What's new at Bigfoot they're building five sizes of truck campers and one model of trailer. We heard they were starting with the truck campers and going from there. The pages with all the trailers are the same pages that were up before the bankruptcy. Before getting too excited, I'd call Bigfoot and get the scoop.

I did not know that!

That is the same site I was on, and by clicking on the "Travel Trailers" tab at the top I got the pages with the various floorplans and models of new TT's

I did not follow up any further as I cannot afford to purchase a NEW trailer, so after noting that (it appeared that) they make several models, I exited the site.

Thank you, Donna!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You're welcome Dave. We've been following Bigfoot through the trials and tribulations of the bankruptcy and now up and running manufacturing. They (did) build nice molded trailers and we're all wishing them much success. I would imagine when someone finally is able to buy a NEW molded trailer, we'll probably here about it here at FiberglassRV. Nothing slips by this group for very long.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #23

Trailer: Trillium 4500
bigfoot 21

Now I am considering one that I had initially rejected and posted as a referral on the board - it is a REAR bed 21 footer. Trouble is - the owner has now moved it to his summer place up in Fenelon Falls, which is not real convenient for Toronto-based members to go

I saw that trailer for sale on kijiji about 5-6 weeks ago. Original asking price was 8,500. If I had the money I would have bought it weeks ago. I can't understand why it's still not sold.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #24

British Columbia
It seems that this one is now SOLD. (just not to me!)

However a HUGE thank you goes to three fellow members from Ontario who helped me through the trials and tribulations of the past couple of weeks

Roy from TO offered to inspect the B/F 21 until it got moved to a place a few hours further way. Roy then suggested that Joe Olajos would be someone knowledgeable in the Bigfoot world and who lived a lot closer.

Joe Olajos worked tirelessly with me (despite impending surgery) to ensure that it would get a thorough inspection to verify whether or not I should jump on a plane and cross 3 timezones to go see it.

And Michael Pupeza was able to verify that the "other Bigfoot 21" in Penetanguishene was in fact a 19 footer and was being offered for sale by folks who had no idea what it was they actually owned. (Roy also suggested Michael as a person who might be able to help).

To thank the forum and its members, esp the three named above, I have sent a donation to help support the site

Many thanks to all of you. Unfortunately it all came to naught as the owner sold to someone else.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #25

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Send a message via MSN to Bill Reilly
Missing Thanks

Dave

You should be reminded that I was the first one to offer assistance in this quest. I was willing, and offered to go from PIcton to Penetang to do the inspection, a considerable distance.

Perhaps you should review the entire post before you single out only some of those who offered to help.

Bill Reilly
Bill Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #26

British Columbia
Thank yous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reilly View Post
Dave

You should be reminded that I was the first one to offer assistance in this quest. I was willing, and offered to go from PIcton to Penetang to do the inspection, a considerable distance.

Perhaps you should review the entire post before you single out only some of those who offered to help.

Bill Reilly

You are quite correct, Bill!

Theresa P also offered to have one of her friends check out the one in Penetang for me and you also offered to look at it for me. In fact that would have been quite a drive for you to go see it! Roy in TO found a member right in Penetang to look at it for me (that was Michael) who quickly determined that it was NOT in fact "as advertised".

When I then turned my attention to the one which was initially advertised as being in the Toronto area Roy again stepped up, only to find that the owner had then moved it to Fenelon Falls. Roy then suggested that that Joe might be the member closest to Fenelon Falls who had specialized Bigfoot knowledge. Theresa P also offered to have one her friends look at that one for me too!

An entire series of PMs and direct e-mail to e-mail plus phone calls ensued between myself and Michael, between myself and Roy and between myself and Joe.

However, that said, yes, Bill was the one who first volunteered to check out a trailer for me, and Bill would have had to drive a considerable distance to do it, and I should have noted my thanks to Bill Reilly and to Theresa P for their assistance and readiness to assist!

I have been very remiss in my efforts at showing my gratitude to those who offered to help!