Can't balance left wheel on Trillium 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #1

Name: Rino
Trailer: Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Can't balance left wheel on Trillium 1300

I can't balance the left wheel on my Trillium 1300 and when jacked up the wheel will roll back to the same position on its own even with the tire off. Could this be a poor quality rim and how do I fix this problem, please help ?
rjgodbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Mark the tire and mark the rim at the low end. break the bead on the tire and rotate it 90 degrees and reinflate. Then check the balence again and see if it improves. If the tire rests with the marks rim down then you know its the rim, if it rests with the tire mark down then you know its the tire. Make sure when you break the bead that you look inside for anything inside. A flat tire sitting in the mud could pick-up anything. I never been able to use wheel bearings to check balence. I would check your bearing for looseness or lack of grease. Do you run oil lube bearings?
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:07 AM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Before you deflate the tire, look on the inside of the rim for surplus balancing weights.

Another issue I have seen is when a low/flat tire has been "Fixed" using one of the spare-air cans, and then not driven (per instructions), the latex goop that is injected with the air to plug leaks can settle into a lump in the bottom and it may never be able to be balanced.

You don't mention how you are balancing the tire but, if it stays contrary, why not take it to a tire store and have it spin balanced.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #4

Name: Rino
Trailer: Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Took wheel back to Canadian Tire who installed and balanced new tires on existing rims. Different technician found it was not balanced so re-did it. I will now install it and see if that was the problem. Seems too simple but maybe not. I will report back. Thanks
rjgodbout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium