To answer your question the vents I am talking about are on the outside entrance door to where you light
the Refer Propane
. Now not to fuel this discussion
, I have chosen to do as I did as I have had my propane
get blown out when just sitting at a campsite for dry camping
, and nearly lost everything in the refrigerator
, and of that that was not spoiled smelled a little. As I said, I do not have that problem any longer and have traveled with my class C for 7 years now and always used Propane on the road and it was a 1985 model. This refer had only Gas or 110volt shore power. What decision was I to make with those choices?
I do not always follow mfg. recommendations using common sense of course to make this decision. I do not wish to persuade you this is the thing to do,
it is only what worked for me and I passed it on. If you pilot light
blows out in a windy day at a campsite, can be frustrating and if not found out in time costly with loss of food. Please make up your own minds but decide to do what I have done only if you feel comfortable with it. Just don't do it if you will worry. Not worth it. Good luck with your decision.
The only horizontal door vent slot left open was the upper slot. all others allow too much air in blowing out the pilot, even when stopped if the winds are severe enough.