Capt tolleys creeping crack cure - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Capt tolleys creeping crack cure

I am trying to track down a small leak in the front of my Trillium 1300 i recacked around the front window where i thought the leak might be . After todays rain i looked at the roof and found a couple of hair line cracks. I wonder if this could be the sorce . not much water is getting in about a tissue could wipe up the water . but it is getting in .

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:09 PM   #2

leak

Hi Al....Wondering, if your window is set in rubber, if you caulked where the one piece rubber moulding joins at the bottom of the window....My Boler had a leak there and I just put on a tiny bead of RTV black silicone and presto....no more leak.....Good luck.....Benny

Old 05-05-2003, 11:25 PM   #3

trillium leak

on my 1300 the leak was actually at the roof vent, but the water ran down between the insulation and the shell to the front floor area, took me forever to find with a garden hose, I found it by tilting the tongue up, and the leak disappeared.
The other possibility might be around your window moulding where the plastic drip cover snaps on. If the water manages to get behind it , it might seep down the inside front.

Old 05-06-2003, 03:51 AM   #4

And don't forget the running lights

where the wires go thru the body. Butyl rubber putty tape will fix any leaks there in a jiffy.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:48 AM   #5

I've heard that Creeping Crack Cure is the BEST. as soon as I find where to buy it, I'm going to try it. :yep. took me three days to find some butyl tape, most people had no idea what I was talking about. this stuff should take at least a week.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:06 AM   #6

Thanks All

Capt Tollleys is available online and for me localy at west marine.
my front window does not have the extra plastic trim the other windows have that is why i thought it might be the source. A Garden hose is a good idea once the rain stops here next week LOL
I looked at the vent ther was a lot of calcking around it so it deserves an other look. There are no electrical penatration above the water pool so i dont think that is it.
Al chaseing water leaks.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:37 PM   #7

Capt Tolley's

I have a couple of bottles that I got a West Marine. Last time I was in Camping world, they had it also.

Does it work? Even though I used it, I can't say for sure. I got it for those spider cracks, but I don't think they go all the way through. Probably cosmetic and not a source of a leak.

This is a really an over sung verse to the leaking window blues, but it's worth repeating. If you have a leaking window and cannot find the source, clean out your drains. They do get clogged and once they do, the excess moisture will leak inside.

You can use weed whacker line or I have even used copper wire. Only thing about the copper wire is that it could scratch the inside of the drain.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Orginally posted by Thomas and Janifer

I've heard that Creeping Crack Cure is the BEST. as soon as I find where to buy it, I'm going to try it. :yep. took me three days to find some butyl tape, most people had no idea what I was talking about. this stuff should take at least a week.
Hi Jana
I got tons of butyl tape.If you need some I will get and send down for you.If you find that Creeping Crack Cure let me know please.:)

Old 05-06-2003, 06:40 PM   #9

Capt tolleys creeping crack cure

West Marine carrys the stuff . ps the leak, i think has stoped!!
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...&keyword=243990

Windows have drains eeps ill :E have to look!

pps i also put a drop of clear silicon around the head of all the screews in the window so iam not sure which or where water was coming from. everything was dry tonight.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Orginally posted by Chester Taje
I got tons of butyl tape.If you need some I will get and send down for you.If you find that Creeping Crack Cure let me know please.:)
why all the butyl tape Ches? are you going to do some windows? :)
as I don't have a West Marine or a Camping world close buy, I'll have to mail order The Cure. thanks for the link, Al.

and Al, those drains don't look like drains, they are just holes in the bottom corners of the windows. some are pretty small. Mine were full of silicone.