carbon monoxide alarm - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I havent purchased an alarm yet but see the First Alert runs by a 9v battery is $29.95 at home depot.. is this a good alarm ? I dont have the furnace installed but will try to use the propane for the friggie at some point.
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:55 AM   #2

Trailer: '74 Ventura
Quote:
I havent purchased an alarm yet but see the First Alert runs by a 9v battery is $29.95 at home depot.. is this a good alarm ? I dont have the furnace installed but will try to use the propane for the friggie at some point.

Here is the one we will be getting for our little trailer - it is a combo carbon monoxide & smoke alarm (takes up less space being combined):
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1586928

BUT you will still need a "LP detector" one as well - -
I "think" you are like me - you really do not want to do the "hard wire" - which is
what almost ALL "LP Detectors" require - I have found one that runs on batteries, but
it IS a spendy critter (plus it uses batteries AND not "for" RV use) - that is why I "think" I will be going with this one:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/in...fm?skunum=21239

You will have to make a cut out and then wire it into the wiring - it really isn't that hard to do - remember to install it near the floor (as that is where LP gas will go should something leak).

Hope that was of some help
ttmatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Quote:
BUT you will still need a "LP detector" one as well - -
Isnt the carbon monixide monitor used for the propane alerts? whats a LP detector???
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I paid a little more and got a monoxide detector that reads out a digitial number on a lcd screen. That shows you even the smallest level of monoxide. I want to know before the beeper goes off.

I have 4 detectors in my house because you don't wake up dead.

LP detector is a propane detector and is installed at floor level and wired into the camper 12VDC system. It detects all forms of gas, propane, Butane, LPG and natural.

You must have both if your camper has a gas fired system.

DR
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote