Casita bunk - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1987 13 ft Casita
I was hanging out in my Casita (87) this afternoon after oiling my cabinet doors. I had the bunk up and thought I'd try out the lower bunk. Fairly coffin feeling but wider than the top. While looking at the top bunk from underneath I realized that while it's in the couch position that there is a bunch of dead space behind the back/top bunk because of the way it has to swing into position.

I don't need a top bunk so was trying to figure out how to remove the parts and have the backrests like the dinette has, easily movable in case I'd rather not take the table down to sleep. The bed part is easy to remove but the part (shelf-ish kinda thing) attached to the wall I can't figure out under all that carpet. Is it fiberglass? I don't want to permanently change it in case I want to sell. I can always do something creative around it if it is glassed in.

I need to learn not to drink Mike's Hard Lemonade in there. Start getting strange ideas...

Paula
Paula Bindrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita