Casita carpet....... Walls and Ceiling - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #29

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ok, just got an email from a someone who restores travel trailers. I had sent them an email asking if they did Casita's. He said they hadn't but would be glad to do one. So I asked for ideas to replace the carpet on the walls and ceiling. He of course gave a whole host of ideas, But one he suggeted I kinda liked. He said they could do leather................. Hmmmmm. so what do you think about having a leather ceiling and walls? Of course they would insulate then do a leather finish. Just wanted to get your opinions? Robin

Old 06-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #30

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Leather scratches pretty easily. I have it in one of my rigs. Although I'm not rambunctious in my trailer, I'm glad it has easy care walls. And can you imagine what would happen if you sprung a leak I have a pair of Frye boots that have highwater marks from walking through a rain storm, and they were "waterproofed."

But it sure would be unique!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #31

Unhappy

Donna I hadn't thought about the possibility of a water leak......... Something to think about. But I think like anything else water is going to effect even carpet. Maybe pleather! So you don't get rambunctious in your trailer? Ah come on............ not even just a little?

I like unique! But he also suggested fabric, like tuck and roll/ quilted ................. Kinda makes me think casket! Not ready to go there just yet......................... Robin
Old 06-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #32

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
I like unique! But he also suggested fabric, like tuck and roll/ quilted ................. Kinda makes me think casket! Not ready to go there just yet......................... Robin

Actually the Minit has a quilted interior: Interior Vinyl/Insulation Stuff
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:03 AM   #33

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Fake leather yes; actual leather no -- Mildew... The double foil that Scott used is what Scamp uses between the rat fur and the fiberglass, but the extra foam on the carpet would be good.

If one doesn't have a/c and one's insulated egg is sitting or traveling in the sun, it may get 'heat soaked' and take a long time to cool down at night because it's insulated - Duhh, Pete. A fan (fantastical or endless breeze or whatever) would help tremendously.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #34

Pete, it does have air............. and yes a fan. I was surprised how quick it did cool down with just the fan going. Hadn't thought about heat soaked. Thanks Robin
Old 06-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #35

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Quote:

Actually the Minit has a quilted interior: Interior Vinyl/Insulation Stuff
Quote:
Hey Gang,

I'm looking for some material that would go inside our camper on the walls. The present stuff is this quilted vinyl over a thin foam insulation... not the most ideal. I've attached a pic of its pattern. Does anyone know where I could go to find something in the ballpark? If I have to, white vinyl would work, but I'm wondering if there's something else.

Thanks!

I searched high and low for this quilted foam that Chris73 was looking for his Minit a few years ago and finally gave up after contacting most of the foam and headliner companies I could find online. Many of the companies never even bothered to return my emails or phone messages. I even sent them photos of the stuff! Numerous others on this forum have tried to find it without success as well. The last time I posted a request for information on this forum seeking out the material others asked that I post where it could be obtained if I located some. My suspicion is the stuff was custom made for a few trailer companies and when these companies folded, production of the quilted-foam-vinyl material ceased as well. And from the FGRV responses I received on my original inquiry, it does not appear that the material was ever widely used.

Although carpeted walls may help insulate your trailer, it is not an option for me since I have 3 very hairy dogs that shed. Personally speaking, the thought of dog hair sticking to carpeted or rat-furred walls does not hold the least bit of appeal for me. I've decided to insulate my Campster with Reflectix and cover it with vinyl. Dog hairs won't stick to vinyl and I appreciate it's wash and wipe cleanability. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale for 50% off at Joann's Fabirics.

Robin, good luck with whatever you decide to do. . . keep the carpet, put on ensolite, or whatever. Your decision will be perfect for your personal tastes and lifestyle!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #36

Lisa, I am so with you on cleanability!

But! I may put the wall and ceiling carpet project on hold....................... Someone had suggested (Sorry can't find who suggested it) that we go check out a rally and see how others re-vamped theirs. Well I think we are going to try and go to the Oregon Rally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pm-d Mike, he has to cancel. He pm-d me back that his site is still available He is sending info. And we are trying to free up the time to go............................. So if this works out. I won't be starting the project till later, I will just have to give it a good cleaning. I am sure we will have the junky-est egg there, But I don't care! I wanna go! They will all just have to forgive us for being newbies. Getting soooooooo excited about going. Our first! So everyone who wanted to see the blue shagy stuff......... You will get your chance there.

Robin
Old 06-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #37

Name: Camilla
Trailer: 73 Playpac
Kentucky
What about ensolite? Many of the other trailers have this on their walls. It also has an insulating value I believe. You could probably put insulation on first then this...
Old 06-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #38

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
What about ensolite?
Sadly, they don't make it any more and I haven't heard mention of any replacement product -- One would thing there would be a market for soft, pliable but dense foam like that besides egg shells...
Old 06-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #39

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Quote:
Sadly, they don't make it any more and I haven't heard mention of any replacement product -- One would thing there would be a market for soft, pliable but dense foam like that besides egg shells...
Sure looks like the stuff is still made and available to purchase. If you search for ensolite you'll find a bunch of it available.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #40
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
It looks that way. Or is this a different product?

Click image for larger version

Name:	grabbedwindow.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	13664
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #41

Name: Camilla
Trailer: 73 Playpac
Kentucky
I also found some links of foam-backed vinyl in different colors and styles. These would work for eggs. Maybe they should go in the resource area:

http://www.garysupholstery.com/foamback.html

and

http://www.sailrite.com/Headliner-Perforat...am-Backed-White

and

http://www.t-topkit.com/VinylHeadliner.htm

Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #42

Camilla, I love the first link! Hmmmmmm, given me some idea's! Thanks for posting them. I bookmarked, cause as I said, if we attend the Rally in Oregon I think it's a project to big to take on before trying to get there. But Thanks for taking the time to find those outlets. Robin

Tags
casita