Casita carpet....... Walls and Ceiling - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #41

Trailer: Play Pac
I also found some links of foam-backed vinyl in different colors and styles. These would work for eggs. Maybe they should go in the resource area:

http://www.garysupholstery.com/foamback.html

and

http://www.sailrite.com/Headliner-Perforat...am-Backed-White

and

http://www.t-topkit.com/VinylHeadliner.htm

Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #42

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Camilla, I love the first link! Hmmmmmm, given me some idea's! Thanks for posting them. I bookmarked, cause as I said, if we attend the Rally in Oregon I think it's a project to big to take on before trying to get there. But Thanks for taking the time to find those outlets. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 AM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Very interesting links! I can't imagine the foam would be anything BUT close-celled foam, however that's something that absolutely needs to be confirmed. You wouldn't want to add foam that acts like a sponge... just in case of leaks. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on the first website...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #44

Trailer: Play Pac
Quote:
Very interesting links! I can't imagine the foam would be anything BUT close-celled foam, however that's something that absolutely needs to be confirmed. You wouldn't want to add foam that acts like a sponge... just in case of leaks. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on the first website...
I dunno Donna. I would think it would be ok to use since it's made for boats?
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I dunno Donna. I would think it would be ok to use since it's made for boats?
Certainly doesn't hurt to double-check. As I said, "I can't imagine the foam would be anything BUT close-celled foam." But we all know what happens when we ASSUME. <_<
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #46

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot 17 ft ('The Sea Glass')
Is the Inside of the Casita sort of a "Robin's Egg Blue"? Ironic as you now have "Robin's Blue Egg"!

When I was looking for an egg camper I saw one with a Blue Shag Interior and one with a Burnt Orange Interior. Since I was so desparate to get an "Egg" (any egg) I even considered ways to make it work-I had a whole theme going that incorporated the strange colors (sort of a jungle/tiger theme for the orange and an ocean theme for the blue)-but then the sny-pers got them away from me at the last minute on E-Bay! That's fine now that I finally got some "glass" last week when I picked up my camper in Arizona-YAY!

This is probably a long shot, but some carpet cleaning products seem to fade the carpet a little bit. Maybe if you use one of those steam cleaners on it (with a cleaning product containing a little bleach) the blue color will lighten up and seem less noticable?

You can also probably attach velcro (the hook type) to the back of some sort of fabric (I'm thinking a cool Hand-Dyed sarong or light quilt or batik type of flag) and cover the large swatches of blue with something you can stand until the rally in Oregon, when you get some good ideas for getting rid of the blue shag.

I'm going to go look and see if I saved some pictures of the blue shag Casita from E-Bay. The owners had it done up nicely with some yellow accents.
Toni M T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #47

Yeah Toni, The only problem with bleach is....................... It would still be a shaggy carpet . I have decided it's liveable till after the rally. I can hang with it. If it was Orange, I would be all over that! I love Orange! Major funky decor.......... But blue, hmmmmm, I just keep thinking the whole 80's country theme............. I can't go back! LOL! But I will make it work till after I see what others have done and get some great ideas. Congrat's on your Egg!!!!!!!! Robin

Toni, you live in Ventura? I grew up in Ojai!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:39 AM   #48

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Here's a possible way to trim down the shag carpet in your egg.

Flowbee
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #49

Unhappy

Dan, I am a professional! I wouldn't touch one of those things! LOL............... I always crack up when I see one of those, or the haircuts it produces.............. I will live with the shaggy stuff. My Mom says its not shag and she's right in the fact that its not the 60's stuff But it's the 70's 80's country blue stuff that every country blue and pink home had..........

Heck if I keep coming across new Casita's, I may just dump the project and buy a newer one. Been Looking! Or should I say, I have kept looking..... Robin
Old 06-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #50

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Sure looks like the stuff is still made and available to purchase. If you search for ensolite you'll find a bunch of it available.
I'm glad to hear that -- I understood that Scamp went to rat fur because Ensolite went off the market.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:28 AM   #51
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
My Mom says its not shag and she's right in the fact that its not the 60's stuff But it's the 70's 80's country blue stuff that every country blue and pink home had..........
Yes, not that it matters, Robin, but I've been thinking what you have in your Casita is not "shag" carpet. It's sculptured. (Now doesn't that sound artistic and classy!) Look on the bright side: at least it's not "avocado."

And if by posting that comment I offend any of you Trillium types with the cool "green grape" trailers - I'm thinking of the "avocado" color of the refrigerator in my mom's kitchen when I was a teenager... Your green Trill's are beautiful!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #52

Quote:
It's sculptured. (Now doesn't that sound artistic and classy!)
Not so much Mary! LOL.................... Thanks for the good laugh this morning! I just can't picture Artistic and Classy when I walk in....... But I will try and look at it that way from now on, or at least till I get it off the walls. I will try and think Classy, Classy, Classy................ Man is this gonna be a stretch! Robin

Power of Positive Thinking!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #53

Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We bought a new to us 2007 Casita Freedom Delux today!!!!!!!! Yipppppppppppe! I don't have to figure out what to do with the blue sculpted shagggggy "not so artistic and Classy stuff " Sorry Mary I tried to think classy, LOL............. I am sure we will be more comfortable on our travels in it. And I feel much safer pulling a 2007 versus the blue egg. See you at the rally....... Robin

Tags
casita