Casita Fiamma F45S Leg Knuckles - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
Casita Fiamma F45S Leg Knuckles

Recently bought a used Casita '15 17' LD. *Didn't put the awning out and assumed all was ok. *Putting it out, have found that both leg knuckles are broken. *Need to find replacements but not having much luck. *Perfect Casita or the Casita store does not list them. *If you have replaced yours, I would like to know where you found them. *Only ones on eBay were in Great Britain. *Wish I could figure out another way to replace them with something stronger than the plastic. *I am guessing the precious owner just unlatched them and pulled them straight down and busted the ends off. *Support leg will not stay in socket. *Any ideas appreciated. *dm
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Contact these people.
fiamma awning | GoWesty Search Results

There's also Fiamma in Florida but they have been closed since the killings there by a former employee.

When the seller of our unit was showing me how to put up the awning he was well on his way to breaking them too. I was able to stop him before he broke them. They are easy to break if they are unfolded wrong.

Ours are 18 years old and still working fine.

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #3

Texas
Thanks Joe. I will give them a call. I didn't find them on their web site but they may still have some laying around. Had no idea they would be hard to find. May have to come up with something home made. I don't know if this is something a lot of people break, but some type of an aluminum replacement might be useful to others. I'm not sure if it comes off by undoing the one bolt or if you have to also take the end cap off but I may see if I can get them off and play around for a fix. I am only about an hour from the Casita factory so a trip down there might be in order. All of my calls to the service or parts depth. go unanswered. Not even a reply to my emails. After about 10 days, I did get a response from Perfect Casita on another item. It might be something that Orbital Machine Works could come up with if there is a big need for them. Thanks again. dm
Old 06-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Try the Fiamma web site. get the installation and parts manual.
They do sell parts
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #5

Name: Brent
Trailer: Casita
California
Fiamma

Call them direct! There are several styles, I would take a photo of your awning so you can send them a pic to be sure you get the right part
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #6

Name: Brent
Trailer: Casita
California
Fiamma

One bolt secures the end cap and the knuckle mount
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #7

Texas
Just received this note from Fiamma. I had not heard about this incident.

Due to the tragedy on June 5th, Fiamma Inc is closed until further notice. One-half of our work force was tragically victim on June 5 including all of our managers, technicians and administrators. We appreciate your patience, we are still planning and addressing whether and when to re-open the business and it will not be an easy task.

We are not filling or accepting any orders at this time.

Thanks for your kind understanding and loyalty to us,
Fiamma, Inc.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #8

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmad1 View Post
Recently bought a used Casita '15 17' LD. *Didn't put the awning out and assumed all was ok. *Putting it out, have found that both leg knuckles are broken. *Need to find replacements but not having much luck. *Perfect Casita or the Casita store does not list them. *If you have replaced yours, I would like to know where you found them. *Only ones on eBay were in Great Britain. *Wish I could figure out another way to replace them with something stronger than the plastic. *I am guessing the precious owner just unlatched them and pulled them straight down and busted the ends off. *Support leg will not stay in socket. *Any ideas appreciated. *dm
:U need to find a used RV Surplus Store in your area. I got lucky as have same problem on one of mine where I can just go to the neighbors place for the part I need but then I live a long way from u.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #9

Trailer: 12 ft Chariot (Stealth Egg) and 1987 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Google the part and you will find many suppliers in the UK and Europe have them in stock.

Best bet is order direct from them.
DayTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:56 PM   #10

Name: Vicki
Trailer: Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe
Missouri
Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romas View Post
Contact these people.
fiamma awning | GoWesty Search Results

There's also Fiamma in Florida but they have been closed since the killings there by a former employee.

When the seller of our unit was showing me how to put up the awning he was well on his way to breaking them too. I was able to stop him before he broke them. They are easy to break if they are unfolded wrong.

Ours are 18 years old and still working fine.

Joe
Hi Joe,
Vicki here, met you at the Bowood gathering last month. What is the longest length awning I could put on my 16' Casita.
Was nice to meet you and your lovely lady.
GlassCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #11

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
"Carefree of Colorado" sells Fiamma awnings although they don't tell people they are Fiamma products. However your awning product is of course vintage and out of production now. That means it is a lot more unlikely that you will find parts for it in the USA. But it could be that the knuckles were a production, stock type of mechanical item that got used on more than one of the Fiamma awnings. It is very economical in manufacturing not to have to invent new parts for some common types of things such as knuckle hinges that were previously designed. It would not be unusual to find such an item being used on multiple generations of awning products by a company.

So a first step in finding the parts would be to look for an exploded parts diagram and get the part numbers for the knuckles. Then use that number to do a web search along with the basic descriptive name of the part.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:20 AM   #12

Not sure what your parts looks like and how strong they have to be, but if you know someone with a 3D printer maybe you can have the parts replicated. Some 3D printers filaments are pretty strong.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #13

Hi Vicki!

It's always nice to meet new members of the Casita family
I'm not sure what size awning would fit your 16 foot trailer. What I would suggest it you measure the actual trailer space where the awning would be then check the "Go Westy" website, they list a 8 and 10 foot sizes but currently say "sold out".
Call them and check when/if they might be available.
Unfortunately with the recent killings at Fiamma the whole product line is in limbo for now. But if/when you do find an awning you'll need mounting brackets and I suggest Casita for them.

Fiamma F45S Awning | GoWesty

Forgot to mention. On the igniter for your refrigerator I have a new unused Suburban igniter that is also a re igniter that would work great on your refrigerator. Let me know if your interested, I'll sell it for half what I paid and I got it very reasonable. (paid less than this one)
https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-5207.../dp/B007HRWQTC

Are you planning on going to the Ceaser Creek Rally? I know it's a ways for you but I can take it with me.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-79328.html

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl V View Post
Not sure what your parts looks like and how strong they have to be, but if you know someone with a 3D printer maybe you can have the parts replicated. Some 3D printers filaments are pretty strong.
The reality of that situation is that having the parts shipped to the USA from Europe or Australia is going to cost less than having someone create a 3D model and then print them and ship them. One-off jobs that involve technical skills and technical equipment are expensive if you have to hire someone to do that work for you.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:51 AM   #15

Name: ken
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
I have several of the Awning parts if you could take a picture of what you have I may be able to help you
Thanks Ken
ken jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #16

Texas
Thanks, Ken. I will see if I can post this pic. someone else posted about my arm knuckle search on the Casita Forum. See if this shows up. My awning is the F45S. I need both the right and left knuckles. Here is also the link to Doug and Ronnieann's post of the pics., if this one doesn't work. dm

https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...g-leg-knuckle/
Old 07-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #17

Missouri
Quote:
Hi Vicki!

I'm not sure what size awning would fit your 16 foot trailer. What I would suggest it you measure the actual trailer space where the awning would be then check the "Go Westy" website, they list a 8 and 10 foot sizes but currently say "sold out".
Unfortunately with the recent killings at Fiamma the whole product line is in limbo for now. But if/when you do find an awning you'll need mounting brackets and I suggest Casita for them.

Forgot to mention. On the igniter for your refrigerator I have a new unused Suburban igniter that is also a re igniter that would work great on your refrigerator. Let me know if your interested, I'll sell it for half what I paid and I got it very reasonable. (paid less than this one)

Are you planning on going to the Ceaser Creek Rally? I know it's a ways for you but I can take it with me.

Joe

Hi Joe,
Yes I just made res for the rally in Ohio, site 284.
I would be very happy to buy the piece for my frig, and will be happy to pay you to help me install it.
Looking forward to seeing you and your family again.
Thanks, Vicki
Old 07-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #18

Missouri
Smile Ohio Rally

Quote:
Hi Vicki!

Joe
Hi Joe,
Just made my reservation for the Ohio rally, site 284.
I would love to buy the thingy for my frig, and I will happily pay you to help me install said thingy.
Looking forward to see you in Ohio.
Vicki
Old 07-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #19

Name: ken
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
Dick this is what I have for Knuckles , both right and left if they will work let me know
Attached Thumbnails
075.jpg   085.jpg  

ken jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #20

Texas
Ken, I will pull one off tomorrow and take a closer look at mine and yours.

Tags
casita