Casita License plate costs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #15

Trailer: 73 Boler (modified)
you think 8% is bad? in nova scotia we pay 13% on everything. the best part is when you buy a used car from joe blow or anyone, from a dealer or from a private sale, the gov't wants you to pay 13% tax to them , on the price you paid for the car!! they get you at registration with your bill of sale...this leads to some creative bills of sale...like i bought my toyota pickup, for $1000, and the guy was nice enough to throw in the mudflaps and stereo for $3200 which is not taxable....

Old 04-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #16

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
I've about had it.

OK, now I'm off the soap box for now.

EKW
You folks should be thankful that you don't get all the government you pay for!

Of course, that may not apply to Nova Scotia and Canada.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #17

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Quote:
Sounds like you need to move south, Keith. I bought my Casita in AZ last fall and it cost $204.35 for tax and registration when I got back to Silver City.

When you go in to register, take Jake with you. If they aren't cooperative, sic Jake on them.

Sounds like a plan to move south. Jake is getting really wierd of late so he might do the trick. He is getting real hard of hearing and can't see real well and I really think he panics when Shirley is out of his sight and hearing. Poor little guy is a great pet but on the downhill, I'm afraid.

I need to call you sometime soon, but I lost your contact info in my problem yesterday. Do you still have my personal info?

EKW
Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 AM   #18

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Don't stop in Georgia -- I dunno how they price trailer tags, but their automobile tags are based on Blue Book values every year, like many states do.

Washington got so bad that just a few years ago, there was a citizen's initiative that ripped the guts out of the old system and went to much smaller, and reasonable, amounts (Problem there was the onerous registration fees were part of the revenues supporting a large number of things like the ferry system and the state parks, so there has been a lot of budgetary scrambling!).

Also, keep your original documents on how much sales tax was paid when acquiring a vehicle or trailer because if you move to a new state they may want the difference between the tax rate for the old state and new state, depending on the laws in the new state.

For FullTimers in BulgeMobile motor homes or trailers with large, expensive tugs, this can be a large sum of money so it pays to do one's homework.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #19

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Sounds like a plan to move south. Jake is getting really wierd of late so he might do the trick. He is getting real hard of hearing and can't see real well and I really think he panics when Shirley is out of his sight and hearing. Poor little guy is a great pet but on the downhill, I'm afraid.

I need to call you sometime soon, but I lost your contact info in my problem yesterday. Do you still have my personal info?

EKW
Too bad about Jake, he's a good dog for a poodle.

I'll send you an email at comcast.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #20

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
I just received the yearly tabs for our 82, 16ft Scamp with an original cost of $6125 for a grand total of $36.75. Sales tax on purchases in our area is 8.25 percent.

Tags
casita, license, registration, title