Casita outside cable connection? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #1

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Casita outside cable connection?

Has anybody hooked up to the outside cable in connection for a outside TV? I'm wondering if I can use my Casita antenna outside via the cable hook up? Just curious.
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
If you switch the outside connection in the corner where it is connected to the power supply from being a Cable in connection to being the 2nd TV connection then yes it should send the antenna signal to that jack.

On the back of the power supply(the thing with the switch)there should be an unused jack labeled for a second TV.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:43 AM   #3

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
If you switch the outside connection in the corner where it is connected to the power supply from being a Cable in connection to being the 2nd TV connection then yes it should send the antenna signal to that jack.

On the back of the power supply(the thing with the switch)there should be an unused jack labeled for a second TV.
Thanks Ed, we only have one jack in our Casita. Nothing labeled second TV It is on the switch plate. I'm just wondering if it also sends the antenna reception to the outside hook up at the same time.
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 AM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
Thanks Ed, we only have one jack in our Casita. Nothing labeled second TV It is on the switch plate. I'm just wondering if it also sends the antenna reception to the outside hook up at the same time.
No the outside plate is wired from the factory as a cable input to connect to an external cable TV signal or antenna and not as an output.

What I tried telling you is that ON THE BACK of that plate where you connect the TV there should be a jack for a second TV.
You can almost see this if you look inside the cabinet and mash your head in there but it is too tight to do anything about it from there.

You will need to remove the jack plate where the TV plugs in. There is also power supplied to that plate so you need to be aware of the wires and remove it carefully.
There are just the 2 plate screws holding it on.
Then on the back there are 3 jacks usually.

1-antenna
2-cable input
3-2nd TV output

Most that I have seen on your vintage Casita are this 3 jack plate.

If yours is not for some reason then you will need to put a simple splitter on the line where you now connect the TV and feed it back up into the cabinet and connect it to the wire going to the outside jack.

Or just split the signal behind your existing TV and stick the second wire out a window and call it a day?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote