Casita side bath? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #1

Trailer: Dutchmen Toy Hauler
I looked briefly today at a Casita. The price is right but it needs some work. I need to go back with the check list and take a longer/closer/more detailed look at it.

The floor plan of this Casita is not like one I've seen pictured before. I'm wondering if it is original or if someone has rehabbed it to their desire? The front has the couch that had (not sure if this still does or not) the bunk above. On the wall opposite the entry door is a sink, two burner stove and a VERY "southern engineered" cabinet out of plywood and space holding a microwave. THAT would have to come out and be made to look decent! Continuing on to the rear, is the dinette. On the wall that is the same side as the entry door, there is a "niche" that holds a porta potty and a wet bath shower. The bath area is merely enclosed by a shower curtain, not a door. I just don't ever recall seeing a side bath on a Casita.
Input?
Thanks
WSM
Wendy McQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yeap, they used to make 16 footers with side baths and front couch. Don't know if they still do. Casita's are a spin off of Scamp and that is a model that Scamp still offers.

It's not like what you have seen pictured before most likely because the front bath models are more popular.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
On the wall opposite the entry door is a sink, two burner stove and a [b]VERY "southern engineered" cabinet out of plywood and space holding a microwave.

On the wall [b]that is the same side as the entry door, there is a "niche" that holds a porta potty and a wet bath shower. The bath area is merely enclosed by a shower curtain, not a door. I just don't ever recall seeing a side bath on a Casita.
<_<
Just how long is this trailer? Is it a 13'?
It sounds like like a rehab to me. I don't think the factory engineers do "niches" or curtains. That probably used to be the closet.

Tags
casita