Casita Stolen..these are not words i want to hear! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
I apologize for having offended anyone with my last post.
As I think most of us know, what the sign sez is a medical impossibility anyway.
I believe that the intent of the sign was to scare away the less informed bad guys.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thank you for your apology Bob

Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
As I think most of us know, what the sign sez is a medical impossibility anyway.
I'm also sorry. As Franklin Roosevelt said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." I would prefer not to spread it around, even in the belief it might work as a theft prevention tool; It usually doesn't.

I have 2 locks on my coupler, and 2 locking chocks between my dual axle wheels, one for each side. There is also a doorknob lockset paired with a deadbolt lock on the door. (The red bungee is for keeping the door closed going down the road)
Attached Thumbnails
BAL chock.jpg   Trailer Hitch.jpg  

Door Bungee.jpg  

Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
From what I've seen in all the years I've been camping, trailer or tent, you're more likely to have stuff grow legs when at home or in storage. There are some exceptions. A few years ago at the crowded coastal state campgrounds there was a lot of theft. Usually stuff like stoves, beer cooler, etc. Another spot I had a fishing tackle box grow legs. I all the above cases the campgrounds were crowded with people that were usually loud and partying.

So one precaution is to avoid the places where everybody want to go unless you're with a large group. I still avoid the coastal state campgrounds. Some lake campgrounds can be pretty bad too, so I avoid those to some extent too, not always. National Parks and National Forests except National Forest campgrounds on popular lakes. Look at the web site and if the usage is heavy then you consider someplace else if you don't know the area.

When actually in camp I have a Bal tire leveler that I put under one tire even if the pad is level. This keeps the trailer from rolling and makes it a bit more difficult to pull the trailer away. I also use the same tongue locking method Fredrick uses.

I also try to get to know the neighbors, i.e. get them to know who belongs with my trailer. Most campers at least attempt to watch out for their fellow campers. RV Campers generally are middle to upper middle class income, so they have what they need or desire so they're not a threat.

I hope this eases your mind a bit.
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post

I shared this on my Facebook Page
Attachment 53341

We have been together for over 24 years and he has been a survivor since before we met.
I remain HIV negative, and believe me we have done more together than just entered our trailer.
Congrats guys..for being survivor to Robert...Frederick for being a beleaver in your partner and to you BOTH for being partners for 24 years.

Oh and one more thing glad to have great guys like you two as my friends....I hope to be able to see you both in person someday.

Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote