cell/phone boosters? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ontario
cell/phone boosters?

Good morning everyone, I have been doing a lot of work on my new project.We have installed a tv (well I didn't do it) and a tv booster was installed. The guy who is doing this work said to me, " if you pick up a cell phone booster that works for your cell phone and lap top, I'll install it for free".
Well, I've been looking and "Wilson" seems to be the best ones out there. Problem is, I'm not spending 900 bucks to do that. Any suggestions out there? I have found a couple of sites that sell those type of boosters, but you have to buy this extra thing or that other extra thing....what do I need to make this work?

Thanks again fellow campers....Don
Donny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
The Wilson Sleek is under $100.00 and works for me astoundingly well.

The phone does need to slide into it though to work so you will need a headset of some kind for the phone.

I use a Bluetooth headset anyway so it is not an issue at all for me.

The laptop MiFi access point I carry also slides right into it and it takes the signal from ZERO to 3 bars or so when I have tried it.

I had no faith at all that this thing would work but I had to try it for myself just to see.

The Sleek is indeed Slick!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny55 View Post
Good morning everyone, I have been doing a lot of work on my new project.We have installed a tv (well I didn't do it) and a tv booster was installed. The guy who is doing this work said to me, " if you pick up a cell phone booster that works for your cell phone and lap top, I'll install it for free".
Well, I've been looking and "Wilson" seems to be the best ones out there. Problem is, I'm not spending 900 bucks to do that. Any suggestions out there? I have found a couple of sites that sell those type of boosters, but you have to buy this extra thing or that other extra thing....what do I need to make this work?

Thanks again fellow campers....Don
If the $900.00 booster is the new model from Wilson that covers 4G, you don't want it for a trailer anyway. It requires far too much separation between the exterior and interior antenna.

I have one of their boosters that uses an external and internal antenna that runs for around $300.00, but it is 3G only. Works fine, but I'm switching to Millenicom's 4G service and will use a Wilson Sleek as an amp for the hotspot they use and the short trucker antenna as the outside antenna.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote