center hubcaps for uhaul??? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: (fiberglass)
Posts: 66
center hubcaps for uhaul???

Hello again, does anyone know where i can get some center caps to fit a 13 inch wheel for a uhaul. the ears nubs that hold the moon cap on are on the inside by the lugs not on the outside of the wheel. i have some baby moon caps but they will not work. i can find the trims rings to fit but not he centers . thanks
__________________

__________________
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Member
 
Name: Lynne
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 51
Baby Moons

Hi Scott-

Did you ever get baby moons for your Uhaul?-I'm shopping around and wondered if you found ones that fit

thanks-
Lynne


Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Hello again, does anyone know where i can get some center caps to fit a 13 inch wheel for a uhaul. the ears nubs that hold the moon cap on are on the inside by the lugs not on the outside of the wheel. i have some baby moon caps but they will not work. i can find the trims rings to fit but not he centers . thanks
__________________

__________________
Lynne VDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Member
 
Name: Lynne
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 51
Hi Scott-


I' tried to fit the 7.5" baby moons on my uhaul rims- check out the pix- soo close to fitting- not sure what I can do to the caps to squeeze them on- any ideas???

Lynne




Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post
Hi Scott-

Did you ever get baby moons for your Uhaul?-I'm shopping around and wondered if you found ones that fit

thanks-
Lynne
__________________
Lynne VDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Member
 
Name: Lynne
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 51
trying to add pix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post
Hi Scott-


I' tried to fit the 7.5" baby moons on my uhaul rims- check out the pix- soo close to fitting- not sure what I can do to the caps to squeeze them on- any ideas???

Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
jelly bean tire 005.jpg   jelly bean tire 002.jpg  

__________________
Lynne VDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Member
 
Jenny W.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1976 Scamp
Posts: 63
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post
trying to add pix
I had the same problem with my Scamp rims. I bought the same hubcaps from Ebay and my rims have 3 nubs on the inside. I ended up using a dremel tool to cut a small notch into the hubcap. So I lined up the notch with one of the nubs and then rotated. It worked. I took my Scamp out for a trip this weekend and the hubcaps stayed in place.
__________________
Jenny W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Member
 
Name: Lynne
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 51
Thanks Jenny- I think I'm gonna try my dremel or maybe drill to make a hole just for the 3rd notch to line up- dang it - it's soo close
Lynne



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny W. View Post
I had the same problem with my Scamp rims. I bought the same hubcaps from Ebay and my rims have 3 nubs on the inside. I ended up using a dremel tool to cut a small notch into the hubcap. So I lined up the notch with one of the nubs and then rotated. It worked. I took my Scamp out for a trip this weekend and the hubcaps stayed in place.
__________________

__________________
Lynne VDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hubcaps, u-haul, uhaul


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hubcaps Sharon Herman Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 4 05-29-2008 09:03 PM
WANTED Trillium 13" wheel hubcaps WANTED Josh Henderson Classified Archives 2 09-06-2006 03:55 PM
Rusty hubcaps Maggie O. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 04-11-2006 10:29 PM
Old Scamp Hubcaps! #*$@!! Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 14 02-23-2003 01:33 PM
Scamp Hubcaps Legacy Posts Modifications, Alterations and Updates 0 02-04-2003 10:46 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.