center hubcaps for uhaul??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #1

Trailer: (fiberglass)
center hubcaps for uhaul???

Hello again, does anyone know where i can get some center caps to fit a 13 inch wheel for a uhaul. the ears nubs that hold the moon cap on are on the inside by the lugs not on the outside of the wheel. i have some baby moon caps but they will not work. i can find the trims rings to fit but not he centers . thanks
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Baby Moons

Hi Scott-

Did you ever get baby moons for your Uhaul?-I'm shopping around and wondered if you found ones that fit

thanks-
Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Hello again, does anyone know where i can get some center caps to fit a 13 inch wheel for a uhaul. the ears nubs that hold the moon cap on are on the inside by the lugs not on the outside of the wheel. i have some baby moon caps but they will not work. i can find the trims rings to fit but not he centers . thanks
Lynne VDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #3

Hi Scott-

I' tried to fit the 7.5" baby moons on my uhaul rims- check out the pix- soo close to fitting- not sure what I can do to the caps to squeeze them on- any ideas???

Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post
Hi Scott-

Did you ever get baby moons for your Uhaul?-I'm shopping around and wondered if you found ones that fit

thanks-
Lynne
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #4

trying to add pix

Quote:
Hi Scott-

I' tried to fit the 7.5" baby moons on my uhaul rims- check out the pix- soo close to fitting- not sure what I can do to the caps to squeeze them on- any ideas???

Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
jelly bean tire 005.jpg   jelly bean tire 002.jpg  

Old 10-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Scamp
Registry
Quote:
trying to add pix
I had the same problem with my Scamp rims. I bought the same hubcaps from Ebay and my rims have 3 nubs on the inside. I ended up using a dremel tool to cut a small notch into the hubcap. So I lined up the notch with one of the nubs and then rotated. It worked. I took my Scamp out for a trip this weekend and the hubcaps stayed in place.
Jenny W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #6

Thanks Jenny- I think I'm gonna try my dremel or maybe drill to make a hole just for the 3rd notch to line up- dang it - it's soo close
Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny W. View Post
I had the same problem with my Scamp rims. I bought the same hubcaps from Ebay and my rims have 3 nubs on the inside. I ended up using a dremel tool to cut a small notch into the hubcap. So I lined up the notch with one of the nubs and then rotated. It worked. I took my Scamp out for a trip this weekend and the hubcaps stayed in place.

Tags
hubcaps, u-haul, uhaul