cleaning fiberglass inside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1974 and Burro 1986 17 ft Widebody
Hello everybody: I would like to remove hard scuff marks on the white fiberglass inside the Burro. There are no gouges. My concern was not wanting to use something that would leave a dull finish. There are only a few small spots in places, looks gray in color and one spot (very small dot )looks like rust, next to the stove. Any help would be appreciated and go camping!!!-Mary Lynn K.
Mary Lynn K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Quote:
Hello everybody: I would like to remove hard scuff marks on the white fiberglass inside the Burro. There are no gouges. My concern was not wanting to use something that would leave a dull finish. There are only a few small spots in places, looks gray in color and one spot (very small dot )looks like rust, next to the stove. Any help would be appreciated and go camping!!!-Mary Lynn K.
Hello Mary-Lynn:
I am in the midst of re-doing my Burro as well.
As the interior is all shiny fiberglass, I think that a fine
rubbing compound would work great.
Just use a soft damp cotton cloth, apply a little compound
to the cloth, and in circular motions, work on the spots until
they begin to disappear. Once they do, then use a clean cloth
or buffer and shine her up.
The fine compound should work as both a cleaner and wax.
That sould do the trick.

Happy Camping, Jake.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
That sould do the trick.
3M makes a good product that takes the scuffs off and lays down a wax at the same time. I use it all the time inside and out to remove marks.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Hello Mary-Lynn:
I am in the midst of re-doing my Burro as well.
As the interior is all shiny fiberglass, I think that a fine
rubbing compound would work great.
Just use a soft damp cotton cloth, apply a little compound
to the cloth, and in circular motions, work on the spots until
they begin to disappear. Once they do, then use a clean cloth
or buffer and shine her up.
That sould do the trick.

Happy Camping, Jake.
Hi Jake: I'll give this a try and thank you for the advice. - Mary Lynn
Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:
3M makes a good product that takes the scuffs off and lays down a wax at the same time. I use it all the time inside and out to remove marks.

Carol
Hi Carol: Thank you also for your advice. I'll take a look at the 3M products. I'd like to get this project done this week along with a few other things to spruce-up the camper.-Mary Lynn K.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1978
Quote:
I just purchased the fiberglasscleaning kit for the outside of the trailer. This is a three stage process to bring the shine back to the exterior.....this may also work inside. On the difficult spots I used a soft cloth with a little ajax, really cleaned up the interior.
Jackie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / 2002 Honda Odyssey
I'd recommend trying Gell Gloss (hardware store, in the bathroom section) it is used for cleaning and polishing acrylic (as in bathtubs) and has a strong solvent cleaner as well as some wax for the finish, it is very very good at restoring a deep shine and continually surprises me with its ability to lift marks that other cleaners can't remove.

I just finished taking up a peel and stick tile floor in my Trillium and all the glue was left behind with tons of dirt and sand embedded. I tried lots of things to get the adhesive to lift, in the end only acetone and tons of elbow grease could get the crud off. It is very strong stuff but safe on unpainted gelcoat and fiberglass. You could try using a clean cloth moistened with a bit of acetone if nothing else is working, just get lots of fresh air in there while you are working with strong solvents.

Kevin
Kevin Poll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Its all you need. Cleans and polishes.. available in the dish soap section of the grocery store. 2 bucks.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote