Cleaning gel coat exterior - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Cleaning gel coat exterior

I have seen a post that mentioned a product for cleaning up the oxidization of exterior gel coat that quite a few posts concurred with. I didn't write down the name of it at the time. I seem to remember it was a name something like 'Red Max'. It was available in the U.S. but one reply mentioned another name that it was available as at Lowes in Canada. Does this ring a bell with anybody or does any one else know of such a product.

I guess I should try and bookmark these useful posts when I see them. Is there a way of doing this on these forums
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #2

Name: frankie
Trailer: 1971 hunter compact jr
Texas
Peatle its red max pro ...poliglow... and zep ..look under care and feeding and ull see a thread about zep and it talks about them all in it
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #3

Name: frankie
Trailer: 1971 hunter compact jr
Texas
And look in mods and altrations forum and thiers a thread called this is not poliglow only time will tell its really good I wish that's all my lil compact needed was a couple coats of that redmax pro it looks good but I'm gonna need a paint job before I can wax it
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Peter, here's a direct link to the lengthy thread you're thinking about: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html

You can bookmark any thread, just like you can any web page. I use an Excel spreadsheet where I paste the URL into one column and a meaningful title in the next column. My "bookmarks" are over 400 records now... waaay to many to bookmark in the browser. YMMV
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #5

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 1981 Trailer
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatle View Post
I have seen a post that mentioned a product for cleaning up the oxidization of exterior gel coat that quite a few posts concurred with. I didn't write down the name of it at the time. I seem to remember it was a name something like 'Red Max'. It was available in the U.S. but one reply mentioned another name that it was available as at Lowes in Canada. Does this ring a bell with anybody or does any one else know of such a product.

I guess I should try and bookmark these useful posts when I see them. Is there a way of doing this on these forums
Peter, us Canucks can buy the Zep floor wax finish at Home Depot, and Bar Keepers Friend is available at Home Hardware; Works great, as I did it on a few trailers and friends have had it on theirs for years. Jim

ZEP | Zep Wet Look Floor Finish 3.78L | Home Depot Canada
jimmied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmied View Post
Peter, us Canucks can buy the Zep floor wax finish at Home Depot, and Bar Keepers Friend is available at Home Hardware; Works great, as I did it on a few trailers and friends have had it on theirs for years. Jim

ZEP | Zep Wet Look Floor Finish 3.78L | Home Depot Canada
Thanks Jim ....... there's a Home Hardware not too far away from me in White Rock and a Home Hardware a few blocks away. I'll be picking up the items on Friday and getting Wendy on to it 'toot sweet' ( she's a bugger for polishing ).
Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Peter, here's a direct link to the lengthy thread you're thinking about: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html

You can bookmark any thread, just like you can any web page. I use an Excel spreadsheet where I paste the URL into one column and a meaningful title in the next column. My "bookmarks" are over 400 records now... waaay to many to bookmark in the browser. YMMV
Thanks Donna ..... that was the post, and thanks for the tip re bookmarks, now I've got that sorted also!