Cleaning the wall between the bathroom and the living area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Cleaning the wall between the bathroom and the living area

We have been using our bathroom as a storage area and now want to start using it as a bathroom again. The wall between the bathroom and living area was very dirty and nothing we had at the house seemed to be able to clean it. I was getting ready to paint it and be done with it until I remembered a product from 30 years ago that I used on my boat. I finally recalled the name Spray Nine and did a search for it and found it at the local Sherwin Williams paint store. Well it worked first try spray on wipe scuzz off. I was able to clean the wall completely in about 20 min. This product is very strong so try it first on a small spot before going wild with it. We still have more to clean before the toilet is reinstalled but it's a good start.
First pic scuzzy wall, second pic clean wall , third pic Spray Nine.
Attached Thumbnails
wall dirty.jpg   wall clean.jpg  

spary nine.jpg  

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #2

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Wow! The company that makes Spray Nine should pay you to do a commercial for them. That's an amazing before and after results. I'm going to pick some up.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Looks like good stuff. It appears to be made by Permatex. Amazon carries it.

Amazon.com: spray 9
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #4

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 1981 Trailer
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
We have been using our bathroom as a storage area and now want to start using it as a bathroom again. The wall between the bathroom and living area was very dirty and nothing we had at the house seemed to be able to clean it. I was getting ready to paint it and be done with it until I remembered a product from 30 years ago that I used on my boat. I finally recalled the name Spray Nine and did a search for it and found it at the local Sherwin Williams paint store. Well it worked first try spray on wipe scuzz off. I was able to clean the wall completely in about 20 min. This product is very strong so try it first on a small spot before going wild with it. We still have more to clean before the toilet is reinstalled but it's a good start.
First pic scuzzy wall, second pic clean wall , third pic Spray Nine.
I have heard of the product but never used it.....thanks for the tip. Jim
jimmied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I found a bottle of Spray 9 in an Advance Auto for about $6.00. I had some grungy ensolite to clean up in a scamp closet so I gave it a try. This is the best stuff for cleaning ensolite I have used. I also recleaned some other areas that I cleaned with Awsome and it really made the area surface look like new. In tight places I have to use a resperator to use Awsome, Spray 9 has a slight odor but not bad at all. Since it cost 6 times as much as Awsome I think the first cleaning with Awsome and a second cleaning with Spray 9 is the way to go.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #6

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Ed
I'm also a big fan of Awsome for a buck it's hard to beat on many things. I had tried almost everything including some solvents with very little success. I'm going to have to hide the bottle from Josie, she's already found other uses for it.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote