CO2 detector - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
Posts: 125
CO2 detector

Will a low battery set off a CO2 alarm. I plugged in and the alarm went off.
__________________

__________________
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,046
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Will a low battery set off a CO2 alarm. I plugged in and the alarm went off.
It may be only signalling "low battery" to warn you that is can't "detect" below a certain voltage<_<
__________________

__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Raya's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Posts: 3,014
Course a CO2 alarm would be going off every time you exhaled

(Okay, sorry, but it's CO that's the scary one.)
__________________
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,046
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya L. View Post
Course a CO2 alarm would be going off every time you exhaled

(Okay, sorry, but it's CO that's the scary one.)
Tell that to the present administration...

They think CO2 is pretty "GOREy"!
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
Course a CO2 alarm would be going off every time you exhaled

(Okay, sorry, but it's CO that's the scary one.)
Of course it's not CO2! My error. Thanks for the reply BTW!
__________________
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Colorado
Posts: 392
J Mac, CO detectors have a finite lifespan of two or more years. If it's an older unit, it may be telling you it needs a trip to the Old Retired Detectors Home. (Commonly known as the trash.)
__________________
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Member
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 1981 Scamp 13 ft / 2005 Volkswagen Golf TDI
Illinois
Posts: 40
In a home, CO alarms last about 5-7 years. After that, the sensor wears out or gets contaminated. In the harsher environment of a trailer or RV, your unit may expire sooner. In most newer products, a single chirp means low battery (or low voltage if it's running on your 12V system) and self-diagnostic errors use various tone patterns - check the manual if you have it, or go to the manufacturer's web site or call the number on the back. If it's emitting a CO alarm when powered up, it's a goner. If you replace the unit, make sure it's listed by UL, ULC or ETL or CSA certified AND is specifically approved for RV use.
__________________
Jon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon W View Post
In a home, CO alarms last about 5-7 years. After that, the sensor wears out or gets contaminated. In the harsher environment of a trailer or RV, your unit may expire sooner. In most newer products, a single chirp means low battery (or low voltage if it's running on your 12V system) and self-diagnostic errors use various tone patterns - check the manual if you have it, or go to the manufacturer's web site or call the number on the back. If it's emitting a CO alarm when powered up, it's a goner. If you replace the unit, make sure it's listed by UL, ULC or ETL or CSA certified AND is specifically approved for RV use.
Thanx guys!
__________________
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Posts: 692
When buying a detector check for the expiration date. I bought one and didn't look and it only had 1 year to go.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Thanx guys!
__________________

__________________
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CO/LP detector hum cterhark Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 10-28-2010 11:59 PM
What Smoke Detector? curtis c Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 11 04-09-2009 02:52 PM
Lie detector Morgan Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 0 07-04-2008 06:31 AM
Propane detector Chris Z Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 13 02-24-2006 10:23 PM
Propane detector and Carbon Monoxide detector. Yves Pelchat Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 02-05-2006 10:28 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.