Colour match - trillium green? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: 1975 BIOD Extase
Alberta
Registry
Colour match - trillium green?

So I know it fades, but what is the chance of finding a close match for the famous Trillium green? I have some repairs done in Forest Green so anything is better. Anyone know of any manufactured colours that will come close? Any mixes that would work? All help appreciated!
trilliumdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #2

Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Oregon
Registry
If you can get a piece of it into a paint store-Sherwin Williams, etc.- they can make a computerized match. I you can't get a piece to take in get the paint store to loan you a color wheel which will have all of the available shades of all the colors or if they don't have one to loan take color sample chips that look close and if you don't get it right go back and get... lighter -darker-greener-yellower-what ever till you get as close as possible. Color matching is the nemesis of most painters. Best of luck to you.
Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #3

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Larsen View Post
If you can get a piece of it into a paint store-Sherwin Williams, etc.- they can make a computerized match. I you can't get a piece to take in get the paint store to loan you a color wheel which will have all of the available shades of all the colors or if they don't have one to loan take color sample chips that look close and if you don't get it right go back and get... lighter -darker-greener-yellower-what ever till you get as close as possible. Color matching is the nemesis of most painters. Best of luck to you.
Thanks, I'll try the paint wheel match.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
The body shop has a gun like thing that they point at the vehicle and it computer matches the color fade and all.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
A member from Quebec posted a paint code for the Avocado colour...I copied it and took it to the Home Depot as he suggested but they had changed computer colouring codes and couldn't help me. I wish I had kept the cut outs from when I installed the Fantastic vent and the new water inlet...but hindsight is always 20-20. Meantime I use a masked-off area to paint my roof with white Tremclad and it has survived the Florida sun nicely...and re-coats and touch-ups are easy!
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Camelford View Post
A member from Quebec posted a paint code for the Avocado colour...I copied it and took it to the Home Depot as he suggested but they had changed computer colouring codes and couldn't help me. I wish I had kept the cut outs from when I installed the Fantastic vent and the new water inlet...but hindsight is always 20-20. Meantime I use a masked-off area to paint my roof with white Tremclad and it has survived the Florida sun nicely...and re-coats and touch-ups are easy!
Thanks for the info...I tried to follow the Avacado thread but it seemed not to work. I have a miniscule piece I'll try to use for a match.

Cheers,

Don

Tags
trillium