Compact Jr front window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
California
Compact Jr front window

Hey All,
New member here, looking at a 71 Compact Jr for sale that a PO installed an A/C unit in the front window....before I commit to buying, I'm wondering how difficult it will be to find a replacement window and shutter, or replace it with another make window?? The rest of the rig looks good, but the a/c is an eyesore! The original aluminum frame seems to be there, and they used plywood to fill in the window and mounted the unit to the ply....
Any suggestions?
Thunderdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
We have a Compact II. I think the window is either tempered glass or plexi. They come out fairly easily and could be taken to a glass shop for reglazing
The gravel guard is missing on ours, too. That will have to be home made most likely unless you luck into one

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote