Compact Jr roof support/hinge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: Hunter
Missouri
Compact Jr roof support/hinge

Hey everyone,

Hope your spring camping preparations are going well. I have a question about the roof supports on my Compact Jr. One of them is damaged and I'm considering options. Repair might be possible (a few of the ball bearings are missing), but if it's not, what are my options? I haven't found any replacement parts or anything that could be substituted.

Any suggestions? Any modern hardware that could work? I'll try to attach a photo tonight.

Thanks,

Doug
luptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
If your Compact Jr roof mechanism is similar to that used on the Compact I & II the answer is easy-peasy. That slider part is nothing more than a modified drawer slide from the local hardware supply store.

Take one off and take it in to be matched. You will probably have to replace both sides to keep the top even, but they are not all that expensive.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: Compact Jr and Teardrop Trailer
Washington
Bob - Can you take some pictures to how they a modified and mounted? I am going to build a Compact JR clone next year if I cannot find one to buy this year. That is one area I am still trying to figure out.

Jeremy
rainjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I'm currently about 1200 miles away from my Hunter. Here's a pic off on my photobucket account:

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote