Connecting solar converter to batteries - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #21

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
I'm curious about the LOAD terminals on my 30 amp controller.

I initially didn't plan to use the LOAD terminals, but reading the manual indicates I could run all my Scamp load through the 30 amp LOAD output, which in turn would allow me to compare the amps used by each appliance to the amps provided by the 90 watt solar panel. It would also provide low battery voltage shutoff protection.

Right now, I have fused wiring from the panel to the controller, and fused wiring from the battery to the controller. I also have the original Scamp wiring that links the battery, loads, converter, and tow vehicle power input together.

If I decide to use the LOAD terminals for all my Scamp load wiring, do I need to split the converter and tow vehicle wiring off that circuit and hook those directly to their own battery circuit, or would I keep them connected to the current Scamp wiring and switch that wiring from the battery, to the LOAD terminals which would then also push the converter and tow vehicle charging through the LOAD terminals.

Thanks for any suggestions.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar