contact paper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #1

Name: Tonnie
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
contact paper

Hello All,

Has anyone used contact paper on the fiberglass cabinets or the ensolite?

Good, bad, or otherwise?

Thanks,
Tondra
Tonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #2

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
I have! I am currently using it on the closet cabinet and even after a year of cold winters and hot summers, it hasn't lifted at all. I'm planning to reface the icebox with it this year to eliminate that pretty wood grain I don't think it would stick on the ensolite, though. I think there are to many ridges to get good adhesion. But on the fiberglass cabinets? It's worked great for us.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #3

Florida
Thank you so much! My cabinets need some fiberglass repairs. Once I do the repairs, they will need painted. The exterior of the Scamp will need some holes fixed as well. I'd rather do all the fiberglass fixing and
painting at the same time so I was looking for a kind of temporary fix. Will need to some time to gather the knowledge and $ for that job!

What did you do around the screws, etc?
Old 01-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #4

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
I didn't cover the cabinets in their entirety, so the screws weren't an issue for me. But, if I were to go over the screws, I'd cut little x's with an exacto knife and fit the paper around them. Also, don't remove all of the backing of the contact paper at once, just peel it back a bit at a time and use a credit card or like object to smooth bubbles out as you go. It's easier to work with in smaller sections. But it's also really easy to remove and restick if need be! Good luck!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #5

Florida
Smile

Thanks Emily!