Converter/Charger - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #15

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We have a Wave Catalytic heater that puts out a lot of heat off our propane line.

Quote:
Sharon:

We added a new heater to our UHaul, but we don't use it much. It is uncomfortably close to the bedcovers. We mainly use it when we are awake and rely on electric and our air conditioner heater when we sleep. I am not sure where the heater is located in the 13' UHaul though.
If interested, I can find out the kind we got.

CindyL

Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
The ACC fuses are just more 12VDC fuse positions for accessories that you might want to add, like a cigarette lighter socket, lights, alarms, etc.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #17

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Sharon congrats, I thought with a little detective work and luck it might just be a problem you could figure out!!!!Give you and your team a pat on the back...on the fuses its what Pete said. I sent an old schematic which covers that basic unit to the Doc center.

Happy Camping, safe trails ahead.
Harry
Old 05-11-2009, 04:43 AM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey, you may try http://www.convertfiles.com/
Just upload the file and the site takes care about the rest
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #19

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Hello to all Electricians out thereee...

I too have what I believe is a converter issue. DH hooked up the battery yesteday as we're preparing for our spring maiden voyage. The battery was fully charged via trickle charger, but when hooked up to the converter, all the lights are dim and 'flash'.

My husband isn't an electrician, and while I can change out a light switch or a home electrical outlet, this is WAY BEYOND my patience. We'd never 'boondock' so right now it's not a real issue...I just like everything to work!!

Anyone give me a clue as to what to look at, look for, look around to make this flashing go away and have the battery run the lights like it should?

Thanks for any assistance in this frustrating matter...

Carol
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #20

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I know on our VT there are 12 volt switches on the vertical panel just inside the door on the left. There is a master switch and, I believe, another 12 volt switch (may be for the water pump). Are both turned on? We don't use the 12 volt system much, so I'm afraid I can't help more than that.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #21

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Yea Kevin, Ours has that too...The Master switch and the voltage switch. We don't use it much either, actually not at all...I just like things to work when I show off the trailer as I did today 4 times at our campground!! No one offered to grab a rake or shovel and move the 4 tons of rock I had delivered..Noooo, but they sure wanted to see inside!!

Thanks tho!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Quote:
Hello to all Electricians out thereee...

I too have what I believe is a converter issue. DH hooked up the battery yesteday as we're preparing for our spring maiden voyage. The battery was fully charged via trickle charger, but when hooked up to the converter, all the lights are dim and 'flash'.

My husband isn't an electrician, and while I can change out a light switch or a home electrical outlet, this is WAY BEYOND my patience. We'd never 'boondock' so right now it's not a real issue...I just like everything to work!!

Anyone give me a clue as to what to look at, look for, look around to make this flashing go away and have the battery run the lights like it should?

Thanks for any assistance in this frustrating matter...

Carol
It's spring, and the sound of buzzing Uhaul converters can be heard across the land . . . my 13' just started humming loudly

It's the original, I haven't looked at it closely yet or attempted to fix it, although this thread has given me hope and courage. I will eventually deal with it, but I've got bigger fish to fry, repair-wise, right now. Here's my electrical-ignoramus question though: will the converter turn off (and stop making noise) if I just un-hook the battery??? I'm staying at one sight for the summer, hooked up to shore power.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
There should be a circuit breaker or a fuse for the 110 volt side of the converter. Either turn off the breaker or remove the fuse.

Bill K

Here's my electrical-ignoramus question though: will the converter turn off (and stop making noise) if I just un-hook the battery??? I'm staying at one sight for the summer, hooked up to shore power.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans
Oregon
Registry
I can see that this thread is dated, but...

I need a resource for the installation of an American 20amp Converter/Charger that i've just picked up from Ebay. No good instructions were included in the package. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #25

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
Quote:
I can see that this thread is dated, but...

I need a resource for the installation of an American 20amp Converter/Charger that i've just picked up from Ebay. No good instructions were included in the package. Any help will be appreciated.

Robert,

Any luck on finding instructions? I just ordered the same e-bay item.

Thanks,

Randy Scheid
Tumalo, Oregon
'72 boler