Hello folks, here is the story from the beginning...
This spring, I took the trailer out of storage, and went to put the battery
back in. It spent last winter inside on a trickle charger. When hooking it back up, I had the wires crossed. Hooked the negative wire to the positive post, and so on. There was a large spark and the 12 volt didn't work the rest of the summer. We usually camp with electric so it wasn't an issue. I checked the fuses and didn't find any broken.
In September, we were camping at the Lanesboro gathering, running the furnace
, exterior light
, etc. When the overload light
on the converter started blinking red. All of the lights
I called Scamp
, they said your battery
is low. Took the battery
to have it tested and they said it was wothless. Purchased a new one for this weekends camping trip. Everything worked great all weekend. No problems.
Upon arriving back home, I plugged the trailer in to an outlet in our garage, like I always do. When I went in and turned on a 12v light
, the overload started on the converter and the lights
I don't know what to do, it has a brand new battery. Perhaps when I had the wires reversed and it sparked I damaged the converter? Any ideas?