converting belgian trailer to U.S. electrical 110 voltage - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #15
Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
It's mostly adults but kids are welcome. Drive up for Saturday, that's when the most folks are there and there is the open trailer event... even tho for most folks the whole weekend is all right for seeing trailers and visiting.

The whole thing is very low key and welcoming!

1979 Boler B1300 | 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | We officially have a collection!
Lizbeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #16
Trailer: BIOD Bambi 1980
Originally Posted by django View Post
hi there,
i'm the proud owner of a 73 constructam coral trailer, made in belgium. how a girl like myself living in california came to purchase this....well, that's the allure/haphazards of craigslist, i reckon!

so the caravan (as they call them) was shipped to the u.s. from holland, has a 240 volt electrolux refrigerator, and 240 volt wiring for the interior lights inside the little trailer--my problem: get the fridge and lights and whatever else electrical to get working and converted or possibly even rewired to u.s. 110 volt. and i'm on a budget---and i'd like to salvage the existing wiring and electrolux as much as i can.

does anyone have any clue on how to solve this european/u.s. crisis in caravan conversion?? thanks for any and all your help!!!
scratching my head,
In 2009 we travelled in North America with our own (Dutch) trailer.
I bought a converter (like DS-1500) from Diamond Series Voltage converter, Voltage transformer, Step Down VOltage converter, step down voltage transformer, step up voltage converter
I installed it in a proper place in the trailer. Its input is the 110V line, output to the 220V in the trailer. It is okay for the Electrolux fridge.
If you want, you may install a separate line and outlet for 110V devices.

Happy trails,
Travelled NA withBIOD 400TL 1990
Lex M is offline   Reply With Quote