cooktop cover - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Ricky 4's Avatar
 
Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Kansas
Posts: 405
I am looking for a topper or cover for the 2 burner stove top .I don`t want to use the stove but need to cover it to make more counter space. Have tried several sizes of pans-nothing big enough. I can make one from scratch but thought if I could find one or something that would fit-19" x 14" in size it would be quicker and easier.

Has anyone bought such an item?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Scott S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Manitoba
Posts: 515
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
most restaurant supply place carry a variety of dif. sized cutting boards? just a thought. I work for a metal manufacturer and although we don't do custom stuff I know it's a pretty simple thing to build in stainless. there may be someone that works with restaurant kitchens that can steer you in the right direction. might be costly... but you'll only do it once.
__________________

__________________
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Al V's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Did you check with casita. stove top covers are an option they offer
__________________
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Daniel V.'s Avatar
 
Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
Posts: 495
I have made one out of cedar, which doubles up as a food tray when you take it off and flip it. It fits nice and snug, and makes a solid surface to put things on. I can take pics if interested.
__________________
Driving on parkways and parking in driveways.
Daniel V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Posts: 568
Howdy, you could make a simple shallow box out of maple to fit over your stove and use it as a cutting board if necessary and flipped over use as a tray for serving....see my web shots picture site for the one in my Boler...Benny
__________________
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Posts: 568
Quote:
I have made one out of cedar, which doubles up as a food tray when you take it off and flip it. It fits nice and snug, and makes a solid surface to put things on. I can take pics if interested.
Shucks you beat me by a minute,LOL...Benny
__________________
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,530
Registry
Walmart sells different sized cutting boards. I keep one in the closet when I want more space and am not using the stove. It fits over the burners. Since we got the Coleman stove, we rarely use the stove inside.

CindyL
__________________
1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Roger C H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Posts: 2,172
Registry
Talking

Quote:
I am looking for a topper or cover for the 2 burner stove top .I don`t want to use the stove but need to cover it to make more counter space. Have tried several sizes of pans-nothing big enough. I can make one from scratch but thought if I could find one or something that would fit-19" x 14" in size it would be quicker and easier.

Has anyone bought such an item?
Thanks

Have you looked at cookie sheets or shallow baking pans?
__________________
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
Member
 
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
Posts: 45
I use a small white cutting board from WalMart, it fits nicely over the 2-burner stove. Great for added counter space! I have a piece of non-skid shelf liner under it, and it stays in place while traveling.
__________________
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Sandra Lair's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 379
Another version of the cutting board idea--I drilled holes in the bottom of the cutting board near each corner & glued short pieces of dowel into the holes. The "legs" were spaced so that they held the board in place snugly .
Sandra
__________________
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Posts: 1,498
I ordered one from Casita for my previous trailer. I don't remember the price, but it was reasonable with shipping. It was easy to install.
__________________
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
theresa p's Avatar
 
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Posts: 1,382
Registry
Post

here's the best solution I've seen ----our friend david built, in mere minutes..a fantastic stove cover simply and cheaply. he measured the size needed, cut a piece of leftover plywood and simply screwed on each corner one doorstop!
the rubber ends of the doorstoppers made excellent feet, unscrew readily if needed and it just stands up behind the stove when in use! ingenious, quick and easy....my kind of project.

way to go, david...
__________________
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Ricky 4's Avatar
 
Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Kansas
Posts: 405
Quote:
here's the best solution I've seen ----our friend david built, in mere minutes..a fantastic stove cover simply and cheaply. he measured the size needed, cut a piece of leftover plywood and simply screwed on each corner one doorstop!
the rubber ends of the doorstoppers made excellent feet, unscrew readily if needed and it just stands up behind the stove when in use! ingenious, quick and easy....my kind of project.

way to go, david...
Wish all projects could be this easy-what a simple answer to my problem. I am going to use a wooden cutting board. Will try to get pictures. THANKS MUCH
__________________
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
Member
 
Karen B.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 2002 13 ft Scamp
North Dakota
Posts: 88
Quote:
most restaurant supply place carry a variety of dif. sized cutting boards? just a thought. I work for a metal manufacturer and although we don't do custom stuff I know it's a pretty simple thing to build in stainless. there may be someone that works with restaurant kitchens that can steer you in the right direction. might be costly... but you'll only do it once.
Actually, that's what I've got in my 13-foot Scamp, a half-sheet pan turned upside down from a restaurant supply store. It fits perfectly (though I did use a couple pieces of duct tape to keep it in place during transit). I put a piece of non-skid stuff on top of it and that's where I intend to put my microwave (when I get one). I took some of the same non-skid stuff and taped it to the bottom of a large wooden cutting board that had warped too much for me to use it, and I put that over my sink. (And that doesn't move at all, but if I want to get to the sink, it's easy enough just to lift it up.) So now I've got great useable counterspace.

Karen


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	16391

__________________

__________________
Karen B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a Cover Emmitt G. Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 6 03-24-2010 03:21 PM
Vent Cover and Power Outlet Cover Todd Sleeman Classified Archives 0 11-30-2008 06:29 PM
Found Perfect Cooktop! Filbert V. Modifications, Alterations and Updates 6 04-18-2007 09:50 PM
U-Haul cooktop replacement Jeanne and Steve Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 15 05-23-2006 05:16 PM
To cover or not to cover, that is my question?! Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 33 06-05-2003 08:49 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.