cooktop cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
I am looking for a topper or cover for the 2 burner stove top .I don`t want to use the stove but need to cover it to make more counter space. Have tried several sizes of pans-nothing big enough. I can make one from scratch but thought if I could find one or something that would fit-19" x 14" in size it would be quicker and easier.

Has anyone bought such an item?
Thanks
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
most restaurant supply place carry a variety of dif. sized cutting boards? just a thought. I work for a metal manufacturer and although we don't do custom stuff I know it's a pretty simple thing to build in stainless. there may be someone that works with restaurant kitchens that can steer you in the right direction. might be costly... but you'll only do it once.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Did you check with casita. stove top covers are an option they offer
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
I have made one out of cedar, which doubles up as a food tray when you take it off and flip it. It fits nice and snug, and makes a solid surface to put things on. I can take pics if interested.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Howdy, you could make a simple shallow box out of maple to fit over your stove and use it as a cutting board if necessary and flipped over use as a tray for serving....see my web shots picture site for the one in my Boler...Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Quote:
I have made one out of cedar, which doubles up as a food tray when you take it off and flip it. It fits nice and snug, and makes a solid surface to put things on. I can take pics if interested.
Shucks you beat me by a minute,LOL...Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Walmart sells different sized cutting boards. I keep one in the closet when I want more space and am not using the stove. It fits over the burners. Since we got the Coleman stove, we rarely use the stove inside.

CindyL
Old 10-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Quote:
I am looking for a topper or cover for the 2 burner stove top .I don`t want to use the stove but need to cover it to make more counter space. Have tried several sizes of pans-nothing big enough. I can make one from scratch but thought if I could find one or something that would fit-19" x 14" in size it would be quicker and easier.

Has anyone bought such an item?
Thanks

Have you looked at cookie sheets or shallow baking pans?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
I use a small white cutting board from WalMart, it fits nicely over the 2-burner stove. Great for added counter space! I have a piece of non-skid shelf liner under it, and it stays in place while traveling.
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Another version of the cutting board idea--I drilled holes in the bottom of the cutting board near each corner & glued short pieces of dowel into the holes. The "legs" were spaced so that they held the board in place snugly .
Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 AM   #11

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
I ordered one from Casita for my previous trailer. I don't remember the price, but it was reasonable with shipping. It was easy to install.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #12

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
here's the best solution I've seen ----our friend david built, in mere minutes..a fantastic stove cover simply and cheaply. he measured the size needed, cut a piece of leftover plywood and simply screwed on each corner one doorstop!
the rubber ends of the doorstoppers made excellent feet, unscrew readily if needed and it just stands up behind the stove when in use! ingenious, quick and easy....my kind of project.

way to go, david...
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #13

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Quote:
here's the best solution I've seen ----our friend david built, in mere minutes..a fantastic stove cover simply and cheaply. he measured the size needed, cut a piece of leftover plywood and simply screwed on each corner one doorstop!
the rubber ends of the doorstoppers made excellent feet, unscrew readily if needed and it just stands up behind the stove when in use! ingenious, quick and easy....my kind of project.

way to go, david...
Wish all projects could be this easy-what a simple answer to my problem. I am going to use a wooden cutting board. Will try to get pictures. THANKS MUCH
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #14

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
most restaurant supply place carry a variety of dif. sized cutting boards? just a thought. I work for a metal manufacturer and although we don't do custom stuff I know it's a pretty simple thing to build in stainless. there may be someone that works with restaurant kitchens that can steer you in the right direction. might be costly... but you'll only do it once.
Actually, that's what I've got in my 13-foot Scamp, a half-sheet pan turned upside down from a restaurant supply store. It fits perfectly (though I did use a couple pieces of duct tape to keep it in place during transit). I put a piece of non-skid stuff on top of it and that's where I intend to put my microwave (when I get one). I took some of the same non-skid stuff and taped it to the bottom of a large wooden cutting board that had warped too much for me to use it, and I put that over my sink. (And that doesn't move at all, but if I want to get to the sink, it's easy enough just to lift it up.) So now I've got great useable counterspace.

Karen

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	16391

Karen B. is offline   Reply With Quote