Counter Extension - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Don N's Avatar
 
Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
Posts: 220
I want to put a small 12" extension on the end of my counter and wondering what to use for a hinge or support? Just a butcher block top on it now and want the new part to fold back down when not in use. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
Member
 
Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Posts: 50
The Escape comes with a counter extension. Check out their web site and you'll see a couple of pictures in the 17 foot floor plan. The brackets should be available at any large hardware store such as Home Depot. We have an additional extension on our 19 footer, on the bed side, that works great as a night table.
__________________

__________________
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
CarolnJim's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Posts: 901
We put a shelf in our Casita Liberty and these might be the same brackets. We love the extra shelf.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1690
Attached Thumbnails
Copy__1__of_Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_05.jpg   Copy__1__of_Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_07.jpg  

__________________
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
British Columbia
Posts: 285
Registry
Quote:
I want to put a small 12" extension on the end of my counter and wondering what to use for a hinge or support? Just a butcher block top on it now and want the new part to fold back down when not in use. Any ideas?
i used a drop leaf from the local RV store. i was disappointed that i saw a white set somewhere later. oh well. they work well
Attached Thumbnails
023___Copy.JPG  
__________________
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:37 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Don N's Avatar
 
Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
Posts: 220
That is kinda what I am looking for. I am going over to Lee Valley today and see what they have.
__________________
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
British Columbia
Posts: 285
Registry
Quote:
That is kinda what I am looking for. I am going over to Lee Valley today and see what they have.
i couldn't find any at lee valley. i liked some of their card table and piano hinges but couldn't think of how they would work for me. if you can get those to work, please post the pics, then i will remove mine and copy yours. i don't love the drop leaf hinge. it is a little bulky. i'd rather the card table hinge and a swing out arm or something. it will be nice to see what you come up with.
__________________
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Don N's Avatar
 
Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
Posts: 220
Quote:
i couldn't find any at lee valley. i liked some of their card table and piano hinges but couldn't think of how they would work for me. if you can get those to work, please post the pics, then i will remove mine and copy yours. i don't love the drop leaf hinge. it is a little bulky. i'd rather the card table hinge and a swing out arm or something. it will be nice to see what you come up with.

I picked these up at Lee Valley today. # 00T0415 2 [at]$6.90 each ($15.59 incl tax)

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp...,50659&ap=1

The three photos show it opened at 90 deg and then straight out to release the locking mechanism and the last one shows it closed up. There is no lock to hold them closed but seeing as how a small magazine will keep them closed, the weight of the extension counter should be more than enough to hold them closed. Friend at work has an old butcher block counter that he is going to bring in next week so I can cut it up to make my extension. I can let you know later on how they work but I don't see any problems with them.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
1978_Boler_18_extn_hinge_1A.jpg   1978_Boler_18_extn_hinge_2A.jpg  

1978_Boler_18_extn_hinge_3A.jpg  
__________________
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
pjanits's Avatar
 
Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tennessee
Posts: 881
Rockler.com has folding brackets
http://www.rockler.com/

I used these on my old 13' and may still use them on the 17'

Rockler has a local store near me.
__________________
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
British Columbia
Posts: 285
Registry
Quote:
I picked these up at Lee Valley today. # 00T0415 2 [at]$6.90 each ($15.59 incl tax)

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp...,50659&ap=1

The three photos show it opened at 90 deg and then straight out to release the locking mechanism and the last one shows it closed up. There is no lock to hold them closed but seeing as how a small magazine will keep them closed, the weight of the extension counter should be more than enough to hold them closed. Friend at work has an old butcher block counter that he is going to bring in next week so I can cut it up to make my extension. I can let you know later on how they work but I don't see any problems with them.

Don
those look good. they either didn't have any when i looked or didn't understand what i wanted.
__________________

__________________
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hitch extension Roger Harshaw Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 16 05-26-2010 12:11 PM
ceramic tile counter and back splash Robert W. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 14 02-18-2008 03:01 PM
Trillium counter extension Don Soulsby Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 05-23-2007 11:04 AM
painting the counter top Paula D. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 07-15-2006 07:40 PM
Fiberglass counter in Scamp Raunie Aasland Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 06-25-2006 03:46 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.