Cover for Scamp 13' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #1

Name: Julie
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Indiana
Cover for Scamp 13'

I've looked online and can't find a cover for the Scamp 13'. We know that plastic can create some humidity issues. I looked at Calmark but can't get an answer to my email or phone calls. Any ideas?
Julie N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
You're right about not using plastic. I had trouble as well finding a cover that fit, I now have two and they 'kind of fit'. They do provide the protection you need, ventilation as well. Look on ebay for camper covers. Good Luck Julie.
John
crowwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Julie, I bought mine off Ebay from this company at $139. It is good. Call them and get the Deluxe model which has zippered door and venting mesh top. This link is to the company I am referring to.
Deluxe Hallmark Transport 6'W 10'L Travel Trailer Cover W/ Zipper Door Access
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #4

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Keep trying Calmark.

Their product is top notch. They have all the measurements needed for a Scamp 13 cover. Mine made it through its first winter and still looks brand new as I put it on this last week.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #5

Indiana
Scamp 13 cover

Thanks to all who replied. We're following up on possibilities!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hi Julie! We too had a challenging time finding a cover for our 13 ft Scamp with rooftop AC. I eventually want a Calmark but its just not in the budget now. I purchased the one mentioned on ebay and within a couple of careful removals it had holes. It started disintegrating within months. Now granted we live in FL with heat, humidity and strong UV rays but it still should have lasted a bit longer. In less than a year it was in pieces. If you do a search here for ebay cover you will see several similar stories. So I purchased a horse trailer cover in the smallest size available which was 8-10 ft. from a company called Beverly Bay. It covers the trailer completely from AC to tires. It even covers the propane tank and tongue jack as well as the spare tire cover and bumper etc on the rear. It's a little big (although I'm not sure how since my trailer is 13 ft and it said it was for 8-10 ft but whatever lol. It has eylets on the front and rear (even labled front and rear with large sewn on patches) which allows you to lace rope like a shoe lace (or that's how we do it) to snug up against the trailer plus there are 3 tie down straps all adjustable which goes under the belly. I purchased this in Jan of this year and have had zero issues. Still looks brand new, very breathable as no funk growing under it and it our high humidity that is saying something. There is even a side access zipper door so you can get into the trailer if necessary. I like how nothng is exposed to UV which should def help with the longevity of tires, spare tire cover etc. We've had some heavy storms these past few months and ething is snug as a bug. The reviews for the Beveraly Bay brand are great. I got mine directly from the website for $149 but I think somebody posted here they found it on Amazon for $129. I liked that Beverly Bay answered their phones and all my questions and they have a 2 yr warranty. I'm sure there are several other horse trailer covers available as well. It only comes in one color which is grey but other companies may offer addl features. Hope this helps! My suggestion is to stay away from ebay seller b/c nobody was every able to get a cover replaced under the terms of their warranty never able to contact them it seems. The horse trailer cover is only $20 more and is holding up beautifully not to mention covers literally everything on my Scamp so zero UV damage.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #7

Name: Morgan
Trailer: Scamp 16
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich G. and Val F. View Post
Keep trying Calmark.

Their product is top notch. They have all the measurements needed for a Scamp 13 cover. Mine made it through its first winter and still looks brand new as I put it on this last week.
Same here. I'm a big fan of the Calmark. You will pay, but you will get a really nice cover. Mine gets a lot of wind exposure and it rides it out with no problem. I accidentally discovered that it works better, for me anyway, to fasten the two straps before cinching up the drawstring. Either way, it's a fine cover.

I called them once about cleaning the cover and never had a problem getting through. They said that Sunbrella recommends "303 Cleaner", which happens to have a Sunbrella logo on the label. Good stuff.
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #8

Indiana
Great info-thanks for all the details. It sounds like just what we need. Well order it today!!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking Trillium Covers

Outback by Team Trillium offers covers, too.

The cover used to be featured more prominently on the website, but now
is listed here under options:

The Outback Trillium Specifications | Trillium Trailers

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp